Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   has anyone read (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-read-t49332.html)

trupeach1 06-14-2010 02:35 PM

thanks for all the info these are now on my to read list.

dotcomdtcm 06-14-2010 02:39 PM

Great ! More pleasurable reading!!

damaquilts 06-14-2010 02:45 PM

I got hooked on J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. Has not a thing to do with quilting. lol. Checked out all the books and books on tape. I have read Emilie Richards books too. And one about an herb shop owner that solves mysteries. I read like 3 books a week or more if they are the fluff kind. And that's just reading before I go to bed. When I was recovering from surgery there were days I was reading 2 books a day . You can only watch so much TV.

MadQuilter 06-14-2010 02:49 PM

I tried to get into the quilt-mysteries but found them a little contrived. SO I am back to regular guts and gore.

damaquilts 06-14-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I tried to get into the quilt-mysteries but found them a little contrived. SO I am back to regular guts and gore.

What do you consider regular guts and gore? I like Patterson and his Alex Cross series. And Jeffery Deaver
I am always looking for new authors

karendenice 06-14-2010 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

What do you consider regular guts and gore? I like Patterson and his Alex Cross series. And Jeffery Deaver
I am always looking for new authors

Love Patterson and Deaver too.
New authurs you might like to check out:
Julia Spencer-Fleming
Jan Burke
Greg Isles
Jonnie Jacobs
Faye & John Kellerman
John Sanford
I also love Diana Gabaldon, Jodi Picoult and J D Robb.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

gramquilter2 06-14-2010 04:52 PM

I have read some of the Benni Harper series and they are a light/relaxing read. Also enjoy reading Patterson's Alex Cross series.

Rusty's Mama 06-14-2010 04:53 PM

I love Benni Harper books. The character is well developed and fun! If you like murder mysteries they are great books.

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Has anyone read the Benni Harper mystery books that also pertain to quilting. The author is Earlene Fowler They are titled after quilt patterns and features that pattern. Some titles are Goose in the Pond, Irish Chain, Dove in the Window. I have read the Elm Creek series and was wonder if the Benni Harper series is worth reading? Do you know how many are in the series and what order they go in. Any info would be helpful, I hate to buy books for them to collect dust on a shelf.

Thanks

damaquilts 06-14-2010 05:06 PM

I've read all of Diana Gabaldon, and of course J.D Robb,
I am going to check out the rest on your list. I may have read some and just not remember the author

Ramona Byrd 06-14-2010 06:21 PM

I love them myself, and pick them up every time I see a new one.
Here's the Internet site for them.
--------------------------------------------

Earlene Fowler
A bibliography of Earlene Fowler's books, with the latest releases, covers, descriptions and availability.
www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/earlene-fowler/ - Similar