Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has anyone signed up for Bluprint? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-signed-up-bluprint-t298755.html)

Rennie 08-06-2018 04:50 PM

Has anyone signed up for Bluprint?

I had purchased a few lessons on Craftsy a few years ago - they are still there and available I think. Now it is Bluprint, and it looks like it is only month by month and you cannot buy a single class -- is that right, to your knowledge ?

Gagigi 08-07-2018 02:28 AM

Try using the old Craftsy website. I was able to get the screen to purchase classes. You can still use that site they are not adding to it. I bought a year subscription and am not able to pull the screen up on the new site. I go straight to the classes.

JustAbitCrazy 08-07-2018 03:40 AM

Sold? But I still get Craftsy emails. confused....

quilterpurpledog 08-07-2018 04:11 AM

I have purchased a number of Craftsy classes in the past and can still see them. However, I am not getting Craftsy emails or product offers. I did like their fabrics, etc. I am not sold on this new concept for a monthly fee. I only have so much time to view on line content and it does not matter if the the possible viewing content is so vast. I still want a limited amount and I want to choose and I don't want to keep paying a monthly fee to be able to keep seeing my choices. No, I won't be doing this. I plan to buy classes from AQS now.

SusieQOH 08-07-2018 04:25 AM

I would contact the people at Craftsy. I've used the chat link more than once and they are always very helpful and solve any issue I had.

Nathan's Mimi 08-07-2018 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rennie (Post 8107142)
I had purchased a few lessons on Craftsy a few years ago - they are still there and available I think. Now it is Bluprint, and it looks like it is only month by month and you cannot buy a single class -- is that right, to your knowledge ?

Blueprint is what was the Craftsy Unlimited. You can still do individual classes from the regular Craftsy platform

dunster 08-07-2018 08:21 AM

quilterpurpledog explained exactly why I won't purchase a membership.

I still get lots of emails from Craftsy, and I buy a class now and then, but I still have several that I've purchased but haven't watched, and several that I want to watch again.

SusieQOH 08-07-2018 10:47 AM

I have a few classes that I own. Not many.
The reason I bought a membership was because they offered a free kit, and 25.00 to spend on anything. It was worth it to me for a year. However, I have a feeling I will watch all the quilting videos I like but probably won't join for another year. They don't seem to have any new quilting videos I'm interested in.
I do like free shipping, although even w/o a membership I don't think shipping is very high. They have great sales on supplies.
As I mentioned before, their customer service is excellent.
I just don't think I'll renew.

Linn 08-07-2018 05:02 PM

You can pay by the month or yearly. I had a bunch of classes that i had bought but still signed up and got a free quilt kit and a 25.00 coupon with free shipping.. Got it mostly for quilt classes but they have yoga and tai chi and lots of other great classes. Ive watched a few bagmaking classes

janjanq 08-08-2018 03:45 AM

I too have a one year Craftsy Membership that I purchased only a few months ago. When it switched to Blueprint I was frustrated trying to navigate it. I finally found a class i watched but then I had a hard time figuring out how to exit it. Admittedly I haven't spent much time on Blueprint and suppose it will get easier, but so far I prefer the Craftsy format.