Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has An Idea (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-idea-t44271.html)

Alu_Rathbone 04-29-2010 02:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I made my mom a pot holder the other day and it was really cute...

I was thinking that maybe I could make and sell them on here but I don't know if anyone would buy them... The one I made my mom was just a quick one since we needed it in a hurry... but it was still nice...

The money would go directly towards school...

My question is how much would you be willing to pay for a hand made pot holder? (I wouldn't make the price insane, I'm not cruel or anything.)

Side 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22348[/ATTACH]

Side 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22349[/ATTACH]

Pam 04-29-2010 05:13 AM

Try looking on Etsy.com. I know you can only find handmade items there.

Alu_Rathbone 04-29-2010 07:44 AM

I can't believe the cost of some of those! I think the most expensive one I saw was $15!!! I could see charging $5 but $15?

amma 04-29-2010 08:14 AM

is there a gift shop somewhere close to where you live where you could sell these? Or another type of shop?
Due to the thickness of pot holders, you may not be able to mail them out as cheap as a regular 1st class envelope...

Alu_Rathbone 04-29-2010 08:23 AM

I'm still playing with it, and no I don't have a gift shop like that in the area... wish we did though!

azdesertrat 04-29-2010 08:36 AM

craft fair maybe or church bazaar, $5 for a pair

Alu_Rathbone 04-29-2010 08:43 AM

THat works... if you have money for the table and whatever else you have to pay in fees to the group running it... and we don't have them till the fall...

Sorry, I'm just getting really frustrated and it's not with you guys, cause you guys are trying to help...

I need a miracle.

hazeljane 04-29-2010 02:20 PM

Alu-

Go to Artfire. They are much cheaper than Etsy or eBay, but same idea. You can even get a free membership to sell your stuff. Go and see what is there, and price accordingly. I have made potholders with Italian Greyhound silhouettes appliqued on them for rescue fundraisers and charged $20. for 2.

GO TO ARTFIRE NOW, and check it out! My friend Holly makes dog clothes and what was once a hobby is a full time job (spoiled bratzware).

Up North 04-29-2010 02:22 PM

My aunt sold potholders at the beauty shop. You may try some privately owned business and see what they think. Sometimes party sores will sell homemade items also.

Pam 04-29-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
Alu-

Go to Artfire. They are much cheaper than Etsy or eBay, but same idea. You can even get a free membership to sell your stuff. Go and see what is there, and price accordingly. I have made potholders with Italian Greyhound silhouettes appliqued on them for rescue fundraisers and charged $20. for 2.

GO TO ARTFIRE NOW, and check it out! My friend Holly makes dog clothes and what was once a hobby is a full time job (spoiled bratzware).

I am going to check that site out! Thanks for the tip!