Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have any of you decided to just go gray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-any-you-decided-just-go-gray-t110451.html)

nevrn 03-27-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by TacoMama
I didn't color much, but I did quit coloring at all. My DIL was a hairdresser and she said people will kill to get the color of my hair as it looks streaked and not just an all over gray. It is a lot cheaper and less trouble!

I quit coloring mine when I turned 70 (This past January.) I have short hair so all the color is gone now and I am like you...I have hair my hairdresser and many of my friends tell me they would love to have. I have one pronounced white streak in the front that my hairdresser said people pay really good money to have put in their hair. I didn't have to pay anyone....it was a gift from God! Being a natural redhead also has it's advantages...the gray never gets that salt and pepper look. It just sort fades into a soft, pretty color.

Thurma

Brendat0426 03-27-2011 10:20 AM

i talked my mom into doing it, she didnt like it. so now she went back to coloring. i dont think dad liked it either.

Bobbielinks 03-27-2011 10:27 AM

Tried coloring my hair one time. I loved it until the roots started growing out. I sure don't want to spend the time nor the money to keep coloring so I just let it grow out. Now it's back to no color and I like it that way. Salt and pepper to be sure, mostly pepper (I think) at 62. My mother never colored her hair and she had the most beautiful gray hair. Hope mine will do the same.

JANICE E. 03-27-2011 11:15 AM

I started dyin at age 18 at the age of 47 I decided to go grey. And I lucked out I have a 2inch strip of pure white in the front right side and the rest is brown with grey and I'm 64 now. I feel good about myself grey so thats all that counts.

isabel825 03-27-2011 11:18 AM

Me too!

Melody 03-27-2011 11:21 AM

I am loving all these responses... and looking forward to being all gray as soon as the rest of color is cut off. I'll need a new avatar pic!

alissa 03-27-2011 11:30 AM

I color my hair, I tried to let it go gray but i just could not let it grow out. It was just to gray and I am only in my early 40's.

dilyn 03-27-2011 11:32 AM

I have been gray for a couple of years now and I love it! I was blonde (it hides the gray better than brown dye) for many years. I let my roots grow out about an inch, then went in and got a buzz cut! My DH Loved the buzz cut. I liked the gray but it has since grown out and I will never dye it again!

NUTMEG10 03-27-2011 12:40 PM

I agree with AKDaffyodil. Earned every one of them and it is a pretty head of hair.

Wendy54 03-27-2011 01:33 PM

As I turned grey, I left it. My opinion is that I earned every single one and am proud to show it off. It also reminds my children what the did to me. LOL :lol: