Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have you been to Mt Rushmore (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-been-mt-rushmore-t110815.html)

Hosta 03-26-2011 05:30 AM

is it beautiful is it worth going to see I have wanted to see it since I saw North By Northwest with Cary Grant when I was little

littlehud 03-26-2011 05:33 AM

We have been a couple of times. I liked it. Lots of other things to do there too.

Murphy 03-26-2011 05:36 AM

Yes. It is a nice site to see. I also went to Devils Tower and this is an awesome site. We are going this summer and taking some friends who have not seen it yet. Enjoy your trip. I think you will find it worth it.

DJ 03-26-2011 05:37 AM

We were in the area and thought, well, we should go see it since we're here. I didn't expect to think too much of it. When we finally got our first glimpse of it, I was awestruck! Go!

dar627742 03-26-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
is it beautiful is it worth going to see I have wanted to see it since I saw North By Northwest with Cary Grant when I was little

hi. i lived in rapid city,s.d. in '61[WHAT a LONG time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]for a year, & went to mt.rushmore too many times to count,& never tired of it ! if you get a chance to see it,don't pass it up! it is amazing !!! i would love to go back someday.
dar

quiltingnonie 03-26-2011 06:22 AM

It is impressive. A lot to see in that area: Crazy Horse Memorial, the Badlands, Deadwood - a FUN town. We took an RV trip through that area 2 years ago May and really enjoyed the area.

Crabby Patty 03-26-2011 06:42 AM

Went to Mt. Rushmore several years ago. Loved it. We took a helicopter ride while we were there and got nose to nose with George Washington. It was awesome. I've heard now that they have it so that you can walk almost right up to the face of the mt. It is quite a site. Also if you get a chance on your way to or from go to Devil's Tower. We camped in a campground at the bottom of dt and watched mt. climbers with our binoculars. That was fabulous. I know you can walk around the base of dt. They are both worth your time. Wish my health would allow me to go back.{{{{big sigh}}}}. Have fun.

nativetexan 03-26-2011 06:44 AM

I've been there. my husband's idea of a vacation is go see sights in the U.S. and visit relatives.

Rebecca VLQ 03-26-2011 06:46 AM

I'm from there! :D

I was just there last week and all the shops and stuff are closed still but they'll be open soon. They've done a TON of rennovation and the walk up to the monument is fabulous. Used to be very rustic, now it's majestic.

I'd say go. While you're there visit Crazy Horse, the Badlands, Devil's Tower (I think that's Wyoming, but worth it!) and stop by Deadwood. It's a gambling town but it's clean. Not like Vegas. :lol:

jenny Line 03-26-2011 06:56 AM

No, I have not....I know that it must be beautiful!