Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you cleaned your computer/keyboard lately??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-cleaned-your-computer-keyboard-lately-t64425.html)

Chasing Hawk 09-13-2010 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I am glad to see this as I thought my laptop was probaby the worst. LOL I popped off the keys one by one and cleaned under them 2 weeks ago. They just snap back on. WooHoo. I had one that stuck really bad. Not anymore! LOL There was so much wound up dog hair! OMG I would have been mortified if any of you had seen the yuck! LOL

Kinda like when you move and someone moves your fridge out....and you realize you've lived there for 10 yrs and NEVER cleaned under it...:roll: I've just HEARD about people doing that.....it wasn't me :roll: ;-) :mrgreen:

EEEEWWW!!!!!

amandasgramma 09-13-2010 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

I am glad to see this as I thought my laptop was probaby the worst. LOL I popped off the keys one by one and cleaned under them 2 weeks ago. They just snap back on. WooHoo. I had one that stuck really bad. Not anymore! LOL There was so much wound up dog hair! OMG I would have been mortified if any of you had seen the yuck! LOL

Kinda like when you move and someone moves your fridge out....and you realize you've lived there for 10 yrs and NEVER cleaned under it...:roll: I've just HEARD about people doing that.....it wasn't me :roll: ;-) :mrgreen:

OOOPS -- now I KNOW you'll never come over!!!
EEEEWWW!!!!!

:mrgreen:

Chasing Hawk 09-13-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

OOOPS -- now I KNOW you'll never come over!!!
EEEEWWW!!!!!

:mrgreen:

You are too funny Dee

lab fairy 09-13-2010 07:41 PM

I like using air compressors too. If you don't have one of those a little canned air will blow out your computer's fan. I use it on the keyboards periodically since my "assistants" (the cats) seem to think they are supposed to sit on it while I work.

Gramof6 09-13-2010 09:47 PM

:D I will not even move my fridge out if 1 of the 4 kids happen to be home. No way! Or the washer or dryer. Those ugly chores are to be done in total privacy. :D

Chasing Hawk 09-13-2010 09:52 PM

:D I will not even move my fridge out if 1 of the 4 kids happen to be home. No way! Or the washer or dryer. Those ugly chores are to be done in total privacy. :D

I have to clean under all the appliances every 4 weeks. To keep the pollen that sneaks in at bay and any cat hair that slides under there too...LOL

gale 09-14-2010 01:05 AM

I am terrible about not cleaning out my computer. Mainly because it's a gigantic pain to unhook all the junk in the back of it and I have to unhook all that to get the tower out enough to take the side off. I really need to do it more often though-my HD crashed last week. :( Luckily I had it backed up but it's still a pain and cost $$ to replace. It wasn't because of dust because I just had the mobo replaced in June so it was clean as of then, but before that I didn't clean it much. I recently bought a small airbrush size air compressor-I guess I can use that to clean it out.

raptureready 09-14-2010 01:27 AM

I wasn't thinking one day and used some canned air to blow out my DH's keyboard while the computer was still on. I heard a little sizzle-ing noise and some of the keys did some pretty weird things after that. The number pad was all messed up and several of the other keys typed in things that weren't on the top of them. I never told him what happened but for Father's Day I got him a new keyboard. LOL