Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you ever bought your own anniversary gift?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-ever-bought-your-own-anniversary-gift-t183308.html)

Glenda m 03-19-2012 03:56 PM

I hate those women that say.."If you loved me, you would know what I want." Men don't know. They love you, but haven't a clue. Even the kids when you tell them exactly what you want can't get it right. So..Yes..I buy my own and I am so pleased at what "they" get me. "You have to laugh so you don't end up crying."

CarolinePaj 03-19-2012 04:05 PM

Nope..... but I always buy myself a birthday gift!

Hugs

Caroline

Sandygirl 03-20-2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Scraps (Post 5074097)
One of my special friends treats herself and just says with a million dollar smile to her husband - "I just knew you wanted me to have this!" :-)

Im' using this, it is perfect! We usually buy what we want but this time it is an anniversary ring that I want. I will tease him that at least it is not that tennis bracelet that I have hinted about fr years LOL. I'm not a tennis bracelet type.
Sandy

Buttons922 03-20-2012 03:12 AM

Will celebrate 40 years in July and have gotten exactly the perfect give that I wanted for 31 of those years. After 9 years, I learned I could buy what I wanted and thank him for the perfect gift. It has worked great!

Yooper32 03-20-2012 03:19 AM

Two years ago, I bought myself the best birthday present ever, a Keurig. I love my coffe and have never been able to brew a perfect cup. When my SIL bought my daughter one for Christmas, I found the answer. My birthday came along and no Keurig for me, so I went out and bought my own. It is expensive, but not as much as buying a cuppa in town at a restaurant, or gas station and I can use any brew that suits my taste. Love it.

MaryKatherine 03-20-2012 03:40 AM

I buy most of my presents. If I don't buy it I tell him EXACTLY what I want, or drag him with me to pay. He always buys everything he wants for himself, right up to a few weeks before his B day or Christmas. It would never occur to him to TELL someone he'd like this as a gift. My B day gift is the new printer in his office. It will print on fabric. Okay
MaryKatherine

lindagor 03-20-2012 03:47 AM

I buy pretty much all my own gifts and so does my husband. We tease each other about it saying "What did I get you for...".

kuntryquilter 03-20-2012 04:13 AM

Not only anniversary, but birthday, mothers day, Christmas, etc. Well you get the picture.

Elainequilts 03-20-2012 04:36 AM

Ask yourself one question " What would hubby do?" and go for it. If we don' t treat ourselves right it only breeds discontent and anger. I know from experience and therapy.

michelehuston 03-20-2012 04:45 AM

I always buy my own presents. If I want something, I save the money for it because if I don't he certainly will not get it for me.