Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you Ever Got your Hair Straightened? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-ever-got-your-hair-straightened-t164478.html)

frugalfabrics 10-30-2011 02:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, my niece finally convinced me to straighten my hair for my nephew's wedding last weekend.

Here is my before and after pics...can't believe how SMOOTH my hair felt.

It was ALOT of work...she did it all for me, so I didn't have to do anything but sit there. Took about an 90 minutes to tame this wild hair.

BEFORE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279546[/ATTACH]

AFTER
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279547[/ATTACH]

AFTER
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279548[/ATTACH]

rushdoggie 10-30-2011 02:15 PM

you looked beautiful! I like your natural curls too but how fun to totally change your looks for a day!

Ramona Byrd 10-30-2011 02:16 PM

AWWW, I thought the first was lovely. Here I put my hair up in curlers and keep it that way for 8 or more hours overnight, just so I can have some curl in it.

One of my friends has really and truly natural curly hair, I envy her sooo much!!!

ptquilts 10-30-2011 02:16 PM

looks great!! but wait till it starts growing out!! I went through this in the 6th grade - I have a school picture from that year with 4 inches of wavy ending in 4 inches of straight - definitely a weird look!!

Peckish 10-30-2011 02:16 PM

Wow - very pretty!!! I LOVE the back!
Please forgive what might seem a dumb question - how long will it last? Until you cut it? Is it basically a perm, only in reverse?

ptquilts 10-30-2011 02:17 PM

when I had it done it was the same process as a perm.

ptquilts 10-30-2011 02:17 PM

when I had it done it was the same process as a perm.

arimuse 10-30-2011 02:18 PM

wow, very nice. Now, since the 60s I've worn my hair long because it was thick and wanted to curl/wave, but when it was long the weight of it pulled all that out. It ended up easier to deal with long.
Will yours stay this way for awhile or will you have to do it again after a few washes? sharet

frugalfabrics 10-30-2011 02:24 PM

Once I washed my hair, it went back to being curly.

She used one of those hot flat irons to straighten it...no perm.

I was happy to get my curls back.

My mom use to be a beautician...and as kids we always wanted poker straight hair. Now that I'm older, I can appreciate my curls...I thought the back of my hair looked super cool too...but I don't think I would take the time to wear it that way every day.

Maybe the next time my niece comes to town she will do it for me again....she loves doing hair and makeup on us...she's only 14, but is so grown up and talented.

Crqltr 10-30-2011 02:26 PM

My daughters hair is curly and bright red, she straightens hers with a hot flat hair styling iron. Lasts till she washes her hair. I took her for the reverse perm and the waves and curls were so tight the refunded my money. It looks nice both ways, nice to have a choice.