Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you read? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-read-t254564.html)

seazteddy 09-29-2014 11:45 PM

Have you read?

Has anyone read any books by Hazelwood or Annette Hahon? Are they fiction ?

yadroc 09-30-2014 01:19 AM

Do you mean "Annette Mahon"? If so, her books are fiction as far as I know. I have started to listen to audio books while I am stitching but our library does not have any of her books in audio, yet.

ManiacQuilter2 09-30-2014 01:57 AM

No, I hadn't heard of these authors. Not much time to read with working on so many charity quilt projects. I had friends that would listen to audio books as they machine quilted, but I couldn't do both at the same time.

willferg 09-30-2014 07:57 AM

The book "This Is How I'd Love You" by Hazel Woods sounds interesting. Have you read it?

Pam B 09-30-2014 12:39 PM

Anne Hazelwood is an author of a series of books about a fictional group of ladies in a fictional community who quilt. They are very easy reads...not much of a plot but I did enjoy the ones I read. I do think you need to read them in order. I checked them out from the library. I am not familiar with the other author.

Edie 10-02-2014 04:01 AM

I just got the audiobook "Between Heaven and Texas" - it says "In this luminous prequel to her beloved Cobblestone Quilt series, Marie Bostwick.........." Haven't listened to it yet, but is a prequel the start of a series that ends in the sequel? I didn't understand that part, but Mary Dell is in this book and I liked her. So I am really looking forward to listening to this book. I love the books that go on and on and either they are a part of my family or I am a part of their "family". Jennnifer Chiaverini's books are like that - Elm Creek.

I am in the throes of the William Kent Krueger Series - 12 books so far- and I love his writing and the narrator is sooo good! His books take place in Northern Minnesota. I can totally relate to that! I will check and see if Anne Hazelwood has audiobooks.

It is getting cold out here, but picture this -a nice warm afternoon, a deck off the front porch, but ground level - 7-1/2x7-1/2, two rocking chairs and a little round matching table - a dog laying on the floor on his comfy mat, the old lady (that's me) sitting in her rocking, sewing her heart out, with a cd player, listening to a book, humming bird feeders, suet feeders, bird baths/watering station, sun catchers hanging in the birch tree and a glass of wine in hand, loving life, grateful for what I had in the past, looking forward to the future, still missing my husband and mother terribly, but accepting what God has given me. That,my friends, is my life here on my little 40x120 foot lot and loving every minute of it. Edie

wendiq 10-02-2014 12:40 PM

It is getting cold out here, but picture this -a nice warm afternoon, a deck off the front porch, but ground level - 7-1/2x7-1/2, two rocking chairs and a little round matching table - a dog laying on the floor on his comfy mat, the old lady (that's me) sitting in her rocking, sewing her heart out, with a cd player, listening to a book, humming bird feeders, suet feeders, bird baths/watering station, sun catchers hanging in the birch tree and a glass of wine in hand, loving life, grateful for what I had in the past, looking forward to the future, still missing my husband and mother terribly, but accepting what God has given me. That,my friends, is my life here on my little 40x120 foot lot and loving every minute of it. Edie[/QUOTE]

Edie.....I haven't a clue who you are, but what a wonderful description of you and your delightful, sunny patio. I really can picture it all. Can almost hear the birds feeding and splashing in the bird baths. Sounds like my kind of spot....the wine is nice and mellow, too....:) Here in our drought ridden California, the birds are disappearing.....most disturbing, but with no water and no food, it is understandable.....:( I, too, listen to audio books while I sew.....a lot of mysteries though and all free from the Library. Thank God for them......they really fill up a lot of my time.

FroggyinTexas 10-02-2014 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by seazteddy (Post 6909451)
Has anyone read any books by Hazelwood or Annette Hahon? Are they fiction ?

Google them or go to Amazon.com and find out. froggyintexas

nancia 10-03-2014 06:32 PM

i've read both marie bostwick and anne hazelwood. both are fiction and both are very good. there are quite a few books about quilters. earline fowler, i think that is her name, writes very good mysteries. the titles of her books are blocks or quilting patterns.

Sandygirl 10-04-2014 04:33 PM

Ann Hazelwood owned a quilt shop for about 30 years, located in Old St Charles, MO. She is also an AQS quit appraiser. I think she may be on the AQS Board.
sandy