Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have you seen "The Help"?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-seen-%22-help%22-t148333.html)

galegg 08-28-2011 07:09 PM

I read the book and then saw the movie. Book left me feeling quilty and ashamed. The movie seemed to a bit different approach; it had many very funny scenes. Still true to the book in most cases. I very good movie, recommend to all.

galegg 08-28-2011 07:09 PM

I read the book and then saw the movie. Book left me feeling quilty and ashamed. The movie seemed to a bit different approach; it had many very funny scenes. Still true to the book in most cases. A very good movie, recommend to all.

sak658 08-28-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Therese

Originally Posted by sak658
Went Thurs night with one of my friends, one of the best movies I've seen in quite a while. Brought back so many memories, just looking at the scenery, furnishings, cars, houses etc. One that I will certainly buy when it comes out on DVD. Going again with my sister soon. Ron Howard's daughter was fantastic in it..Looks just like her Dad, saw her on The Talk, she's going to have a baby in real life..Her name is Bryce...such a unusual name..for a girl

Which one was she? Skeeter? Skeeter was fantastic.

Ron Howard's daughter played the one that ate the famous pie..LOL LOL On the talk, she said she played the mean one. LOL
I thought Skeeter did a superb job. Her name is Emma Stone I think..

I got the book today so I will have something to read after having hand surgery Tues...

Quiltaddict 08-28-2011 08:37 PM

I saw it with a couple of friends and we all loved it. I want to read the book now but the library has it on reserve for about a year, several hundred people.

quilt-fanatic 08-28-2011 10:21 PM

my best friend and I are going to see it on Wed!

smagruder 08-29-2011 03:07 AM

No, but I have read the book and hope to see it while it is in town. Very true to the history of that time period.

Therese 08-29-2011 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Therese

Went Thurs night with one of my friends, one of the best movies I've seen in quite a while. Brought back so many memories, just looking at the scenery, furnishings, cars, houses etc. One that I will certainly buy when it comes out on DVD. Going again with my sister soon. Ron Howard's daughter was fantastic in it..Looks just like her Dad, saw her on The Talk, she's going to have a baby in real life..Her name is Bryce...such a unusual name..for a girl

Which one was she? Skeeter? Skeeter was fantastic.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. She was great playing that horrible person!!
Ron Howard's daughter played the one that ate the famous pie..LOL LOL On the talk, she said she played the mean one. LOL
I thought Skeeter did a superb job. Her name is Emma Stone I think..

I got the book today so I will have something to read after having hand surgery Tues...

Sharonsews 08-29-2011 09:41 AM

I agree, book was great! Waiting on Mom to finish book so I can take her to see the movie.

Jaynie 08-29-2011 10:14 AM

Good to see positive remarks regarding this movie. I too read the book and was wondering how the movie would be. Thnx for posting.

Rejoyce 08-29-2011 07:04 PM

Yes, I just saw it yesterday. It was great and I learned a lot, too. I lived through the 60's, but not in the south.
Rejoyce