Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Heading to Lancaster, PA! Restaurant suggestions??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/heading-lancaster-pa-restaurant-suggestions-t202187.html)

xsquilter 10-03-2012 05:43 AM

Heading to Lancaster, PA! Restaurant suggestions???

Hello all,
My friend & I are driving to Lancaster, PA (almost 8 hr drive!) & we're planning our itinerary. I'm looking to you fine folks to suggest retaurants/eateries we should try out. We've been in 2010 & will probably revisit a couple but we're always open to tried & true suggestions!
Thanks for any input.
Maureen

joysewer 10-03-2012 07:37 AM

Where in Lancaster are you going? There are loads of restaurants in the different areas. My favorite is a buffet called Shady Maple. It is in Blue Ball, PA.

NJ Quilter 10-03-2012 11:20 AM

There is also the Windmill Restaurant in Morgantown, PA. Great breakfast there - any time of day. Not too far outside of Intercourse. It's right off the PA Tpk at the Morgantown Exit headed towards Intercourse.

Quilty_Linda 10-03-2012 11:35 AM

On route 30 in Paradise (east of Lancaster city) is Deimers. It has a great home cooked buffet and the most wonderful desserts.

joysewer 10-03-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty_Linda (Post 5559712)
On route 30 in Paradise (east of Lancaster city) is Deimers. It has a great home cooked buffet and the most wonderful desserts.

was just at Dienners on Thursday....love it there!

ro 10-03-2012 12:25 PM

shady maple is a definate. there is a store called "goods" right there. $3 flat fold in back of store. burkholder's 30,000 bolts of fabric; martin's $3.49 flat fold load of selection well worth the stop. bitty kinna in lancaster goin out of business fabric is $5 a yd; loads of shops right on this strip also. there is also sauders which i dont care for down under a house. weaver's is another. my 2 tops are martins and burkholder's and goods. so best 3. if you need help let me know. have a great time.

Emmy Sue 10-03-2012 12:37 PM

The Bird-in-Hand restaurant is on the Old Philadelphia Pike ((Rt.#340) near Intercourse with Zook's Drygoods and The Old Country Store--both wonderful quilt shops.

xsquilter 10-03-2012 05:08 PM

This is great! Thank you all so much. Keep posting your ideas!
We'll be travelling about daily & one day we will head to Hershey.
I can hardly wait!!!! Only 12 more sleeps....as the kiddies would say!!!!
Maureen

mrs. fitz 10-06-2012 11:15 AM

Diener's on Rte 30 east, absolutely. Easy way to find it -- right next door is a nice gift shop with a huge working windmill. Can't miss that. Visit the quilt/gift shop on the left as you're facing Diener's door. It has a great fabric department upstairs, one of my favorites. Another "landmark" - it's directly across Rte 30 from the Soudersburg Motel so if you spot that, you're there.

margoee 10-13-2012 11:50 PM

What a wonderful trip....I am sure you will be driving thru Palmyra either getting to Hershey or leaving it....I lived there back in the 60's and early 70's....loved it! I can't remember any specific restraurants, but you must try a piece of Shoofly pie or two pieces or three...