Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hello again! It's been awhile, a couple of questions for you :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hello-again-its-been-awhile-couple-questions-you-t180470.html)

Joset 02-25-2012 04:57 AM

welcome back and i am glad things are getting much better.

mizkyp 02-25-2012 05:02 AM

I used the GO last weekend. You will love it. Welcome Back!!!

carolaug 02-25-2012 05:07 AM

I love my Accuquilt..I also have been gone for a while...getting back into quilting - I just used my 2 1/2 inch strip cutter for my borders...My favorite dies...all the strip cutters, squares, circles and my Tumbler die. The rest are ok, but could do without. I have a lot of applique dies and never really use them. Many are still in the wrappers. Well...Welcome Back!

penski 02-25-2012 02:20 PM

welcome back !! i love my Go i use it to make all kinds of appliques, and squares.a few things i have learned are , dont put as much fabric in as they say start with double thickness and work your way up till you are comfortable , because the more thickness you have the harder the crank is to turn ( play with it to find out), you can fan fold your fabric to put on just a single pattern if you want, , make sure before or after you use a die that there is no fabric "stuck" in the die along the cutting edge if there is use the pick to pick it out or your next cut wont cut all the way thru , also >>this one i found out the hard way !!> i accidently leaned my hand on the cutter part of the die !! wow those things are sharp just play with it and you will love it !!!

dublb 02-25-2012 10:52 PM

Welcome back from W TX!

IdahoSandy 02-26-2012 09:31 AM

As far as the applique' goes, I would make a couple of hot pads or a small wall hanging first, until you get the hang of it. Read the how to instructions first to get a better understanding of applique'. I brought a book at JoAnns on applique. There may be some videos or instructions on the board here.

Rann 02-26-2012 09:52 AM

Welcome home

quiltymom 02-26-2012 09:54 AM

SEw glade to have you back!!!!!!!I love my accuquilt!!!!

skothing 02-26-2012 03:15 PM

I am so sorry for the past pain. I am glad you are back. On the auquilter I don't have one. But on the eagle I love LOVE your idea . The raw edge is a little more durable. Think about folding clothes on, dog jumping on, and sitting on the eagle. Washing etc. , how will it be use? That will help solve problem and answer the question.

carolynjo 02-26-2012 03:56 PM

Welcome back and glad you feel like quilting again. I think a large eagle would be too big, imo. The idea of fusing it down sounds like a good idea. Then, you could quilt or do as much in the wings (feathers) as you would like. Good luck and post often so we can see how it is going.