Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help! Janome DC 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-janome-dc-2011-a-t262600.html)

jetayre 03-14-2015 05:52 AM

Help! Janome DC 2011

I need some insight...I was happily sewing cat and dog mats and my machine snarled into a mess. There was no code given. I cleaned it, checked to see if the machine had automatically gone into zigzag mode (though I don't know how it could) I changed the needle and put in a new bobbin, put things together and it still wouldn't work. I lowered the needle and it hits metal inside and won't start sewing. Has anyone any ideas on what I can try next. There are no "fixers' nearby. I am having withdrawal symptom without my machine.

ManiacQuilter2 03-14-2015 06:47 AM

Sorry to say this might you just might have to take your DSM in for repair. When was the last time you had it serviced??

jetayre 03-14-2015 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7127058)
Sorry to say this might you just might have to take your DSM in for repair. When was the last time you had it serviced??

The trouble around here is that there are very few and far between DSM or even handy men for this. Then the waiting list is bad.

thimblebug6000 03-14-2015 07:48 AM

Sometimes if you shut your machine off for a few minutes things will re-set like with your computer. Make sure your needle is in the up position before shutting it off so that it can re-align when you do start it back up. HTH

Girlfriend 03-14-2015 08:35 AM

This has happened to me before. My bobbin case was warped. You should take it in for a repair.

Prism99 03-14-2015 09:57 AM

A bad jam can throw the timing out of whack. Seems to me this may be why the needle is hitting something metal -- bobbin and needle may no longer be synchronized.

Have you taken a flashlight to the bobbin area (with bobbin case removed)? Sometimes a tiny bit of thread gets caught in the mechanism. If you can't see anything, or see a bit that you can't remove with tweezers, you can try using sewing machine oil on the area to soften up the thread.

jetayre 03-14-2015 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 7127309)
A bad jam can throw the timing out of whack. Seems to me this may be why the needle is hitting something metal -- bobbin and needle may no longer be synchronized.

Have you taken a flashlight to the bobbin area (with bobbin case removed)? Sometimes a tiny bit of thread gets caught in the mechanism. If you can't see anything, or see a bit that you can't remove with tweezers, you can try using sewing machine oil on the area to soften up the thread.

Prism99. you apparently hit the nail on the head.....I finally got hold of someone and after he lead me through many things (I had already done most of them) he told me than the time had been thrown off...so I have to travel to get it fixed. An expense I don't need but gotta fix it . Thanks for everyone's input.

Retired Quilter 03-17-2015 01:00 PM

I have a Janome 6260. Very simple machine. A couple of times my machine has jammed. After clearing the jam I had to push the bobbin case back into place. It slipped out of position some how. If this is the cause you will hear it snap into place when you push it. Hope you don't have to take it in for service.