Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   help with my ipod (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-my-ipod-t41898.html)

roselady 04-06-2010 03:58 PM

I just got my first ipod...yes, I am behind the times... and I don't know how to "text", nor do I have cable TV, yes, I am slow coming into all things techy.
My daughter introduced me (from 1000 miles away)to ROTFLOL, when she was trying to teach me how to use itunes!!
Anyway, back to my ipod, these earphones are killing me. Is anyone else bothered by them? Are there different ones that are more comfortable? I also wouldn't mind having some that are a better sound quality. Any help and info will be appreciated, thanks.

Jim's Gem 04-06-2010 04:03 PM

I have an ipod but only play it on my Bose Dock. I hate earbuds!!!

Mamagus 04-06-2010 04:33 PM

The jacks on the ipods are universal. So you can get softer earbuds or the bigger type that fit over your ears. Just take the ipod with you to try the kind you like best. You should be able to find good quality ones at future shop or the source.

oldswimmer 04-06-2010 04:49 PM

I didnt like the ear buds that came with my ipod eiter... but my ears are really small. I tried differnt ones and found a set that worked really well. You just need to check around. I ended up getting mine at Target.

Maride 04-06-2010 05:11 PM

I found a set that fits over the head and love it.

aardvarq 04-06-2010 05:38 PM

Earbuds are awful, but if they fit correctly, sound great.

I can not stand to use them.

I found a Sony earphone set that hooks over the ear like eyeglasses and sits gently on the ears, very comfortable and don't fall down all the time.

Also, I found those 180-brand ear warmers at Target that had earphones IN THEM! Can you believe that? They are great. I actually used my iPod outside this winter.

susie0808 04-06-2010 05:51 PM

Your not really behind in the times! I am! I won't get an ipod! I still need my husband and 2 kids to help me down load pictures onto computer! I'm afraid to use my embroidery machine because I was told I need some kind of port? and computer for some programs. What I just want to sew not be reminder i'm electronically challenged !!

I bought a new pair of ear phones ....at best buy ... called skull candies... They are great! Good luck!

Seanette 04-06-2010 05:53 PM

I found a much more comfortable pair of earbuds at Fry's. I've also successfully used various styles of headphone with my iPod. As stated, it's a very standard universal type of earphone jack, so anything you find comfortable with the usual-size connector will work fine.

Chasing Hawk 04-06-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have an ipod but only play it on my Bose Dock. I hate earbuds!!!

Oh I have that set up. Isn't it great?..:)

jetnica 04-06-2010 06:47 PM

I also have the sony earphones that hook over my ears. Couldn't take the earbuds!