Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help name our new fur baby.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-name-our-new-fur-baby-t226638.html)

Annaquilts 07-27-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bea2 (Post 6199081)
Hubby wasn't too happy about it.. said we're too old for another cat..{65 and 71 this yr.}. I ignored him.
He knew I had my mind made up. I've been wanting a loveable cat that will let me hold him[or her].
Don't know how loveable it will be, but at least lets me hold him.
So, any ideas for names?

Too old! Girl you are a spring chicken. He must have been talking about himself. :D
Glad you got the little cutie.

mayme 07-27-2013 11:54 AM

Our all black cat is Inky

maryb119 07-27-2013 11:57 AM

I had a cat named "Twerp" once. It was a lovable cat...grey with white feet.

caseraph 07-27-2013 12:22 PM

A friend of mine had an all-black cat that he named Magic - as in, "That old Black Magic." He's a jazz fan.

Latrinka 07-27-2013 01:03 PM

Wish I could see pic! I love black and white kitties! The ones I've had in the past were Sylvester, Tigger, Peeky, another calico I had was named by my son, Little Neil Diamond, why I don't know, but we called him Lil Neil! Then had a yellow and white cat named Buttercup, called him Butter. I also like the names Cooper, Montel or Monty, Jack, Oliver, Petey, Sammy, Wilbur, Ziggy.

Elise1 07-27-2013 01:19 PM

I like the name Midnight for a black male cat. I'm so glad he has a new home. Introduce him slowly to your other cats.

omacookie 07-27-2013 01:40 PM

Noir means black in French.Hugs

francie yuhas 07-27-2013 01:42 PM

I'd call him Maxwell. BTW, tell the stick-in-the-mud who lives with you(DH), that pets keep you alive longer and will direct your attention somewhere other than bugging him all day!

Nammie to 7 07-27-2013 01:53 PM

My oldest cat was named by my granddaughter - she said this kitten looked like "Abigail like the cat in the Fox and the Hound" - so that is what her name is -- Abbie for short. The next one is Rover - because my husband really wanted a dog. Then come Itty Bitty Kitty - she was very tiny when she came in, and Lucky - she was lucky to be alive, one of the cats pretty much scalped her. Last year we got Squirt - she invited herself into the house and everyone always said "do you see what that little squirt did?" Then we got Jody - his leg was broken (he was also named by my granddaughter). Our newest is a little male kitten - a male cat was mauling him - he had bite wounds to the head, side and foot that got infected. His name is Oh No. All of our cats are rescues. Good luck naming your new baby - they bring lots of joy to one's life.

Chasing Hawk 07-27-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 6199159)
lol My folks had a dog that was named D-O-G pronounced dee-long o-gee

A friend in high school named their dog that too. That silly dog liked to sleep on top of dirty socks......LOL