Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HELP! Need your input! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-need-your-input-t46749.html)

ToucanSam 05-22-2010 12:49 PM

I was recently diagnosed with appendix cancer, stage IV. I had surgery, and they rearranged my insides and I have chemo coming up. I'm feeling very upbeat about it but here is where I want help:

I'm making a giant music list for my iPod to listen to when I get either angry (then I need rock, anything from 70s to contemporary) and I also need good stuff like "Copacabana" (sorry, how can you NOT crank that song up? :))

I'm 45 so those of you who grew up in the 70s and 80s like me know the best stuff. But PLEASE, I'll take suggestions for songs from everyone! I just want to have lots of tunes to listen to when I'm sitting thru chemo and then when I'm driving, where I can sing at the top of my lungs.

:)

(And you thought I needed quilting help!)

Please post any song you like. I'll take any suggestions! This will really help me stay upbeat and have fun.

Hugs,
ToucanSam

GrannyW5 05-22-2010 12:54 PM

I'm not much help with the music, but I will be praying for you

JudyG 05-22-2010 12:55 PM

I don't have any suggestions for music, but just want to send good thoughts your way. Please know that you'll have lots and lots of people pulling for you that you get through this as easily as possible.

Maride 05-22-2010 01:05 PM

I have found that lately, anything by Queen lifts me up. I really blast it when I am in the car alone and don't even think about much. I have had a rough last year and music was the only thing that helped me go to work.

Do you like latin music? I could recommend you some, like Sergio Mendez, Santana or Juan Luis Guerra, all available on I tunes. Donna Summers, Abba, and the sound track for Grease come to mind too.

Hope the music helps and you feel better soon.

TanyaMas 05-22-2010 01:10 PM

im a music nut and make my own playlist for hospital issues alot...
Rock is easiest for me :D lol im angry alot when there lol
Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Janis Joplin, Jimmi Hendrix, Queen, and about any of the hair bands of the 80s always work for me :D
I hope all goes well for you and recovery is quick :D

jljquilter 05-22-2010 01:13 PM

Most anything by Meatloaf. Bat out of Hell is a great one.

Janetlmt 05-22-2010 01:17 PM

I am so sorry to hear that you have to take chemo..I am in the same boat..I find out next friday if the treatment I am receiving is working for breast cancer. If it is..I can stay with it..if not..it is chemo.
I listen to my ipod all the time. Here is a list of some favorites... YoYo Ma (classical), Tommy James/Crystal Blue Persuasion, anything Neil Diamond, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Queen, Alyson Krause, Elton John, Barry White, Luther Vandross.
My thoughts are with you and praying for a quick recovery.
Blessings

pstoner 05-22-2010 01:19 PM

First, I will be praying for you. It's a tough road. Pat Benetar, Journey, Queen and Meatloaf. Or if angry Gun & Roses (the older stuff) ACDC (our generation). But I also love the Beatles, you can really sing along with them pretty easily. Good luck, and we will all be praying for you.

amma 05-22-2010 01:23 PM

WOW!!! I guess I think of The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, Led Zepplin, Dire Straits, The Who, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Santanna, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Donna Summer, Bob Segar, Marvin Gaye, The Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Van Halen, Eric Clapton,

Village People "YMCA" always makes me smile and laugh...
Aretha Franklin and "RESPECT"
Bill Idol "Rebel Yell"
Iron Butterfly "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
Maybe a little MC Hammer? "Can't Touch This" or "Too Sexy for my shirt" LOL
Troggs and "Wild Thing"
"All she wants to do is dance"

WOW!!! It has been a while since I tried to think of this many songs and artists from that era LOL
Bob Seger "Old Time Rock and Roll"
Creedence Clearwater "Proud Mary
Elvis "Jailhouse Rock"
"Walk Like an Egyptian"
George Thorogood "Bad to the Bone"

Darlene 05-22-2010 01:25 PM

Elton John