Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HELP PE 770 Dowload designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-pe-770-dowload-designs-t241447.html)

lynnie 02-19-2014 01:22 PM

I love hand work too, but I love machine as well.

thanks to everyone, Krystyna, I will go to the library to print out your directions, don't have a printer. I will buy a new memory stick,(Zoey, my cat took my last one when I left it on the table). and proceed from there. I will let you know if it works. I'm just frustrated b/c i'm computer illerate, and the lady at the store said it was easy to do. yeah right.
thanks again

oldtnquiltinglady 02-19-2014 01:53 PM

LOL at your comment, froggyintexas. Me too. I have a TOL HV (going on 5 years now) and still have not mastered it...I have made one pretty picture with the help of someone who knew how to make it work, but not how to teach me how to make it work. Make sense????

ljptexas 02-20-2014 02:42 AM

I, like Rose Marie, have a cheap Brother. I'd just about give my eye teeth to have an upgrade BUT, is it need or want? To buy the Ped Basic to get downloads from internet to little cartridge to go in machine or spend that $ on another embroidery machine? That is the ???

Shorebird 02-20-2014 04:24 AM

REMEMBER - when you get the new USB stick - the embroidery machines do not like the USB sticks with large amounts of memory! They just cannot read the sticks……..Try to stick with one that is a 2 or 4 gig……I have 2 embroidery machines and have not found any USB sticks larger than a 4 that would work…….

Rose Marie 02-20-2014 08:02 AM

My cheapy machine is all I need for quilting. It does a 4 in design and that works for a 6 in block. Made a cute quilt with teddy bears embroidered on the blocks with a nine patch in the alternate blocks.
The ped basic was worth the money and still cheaper than a larger embroidery machine.
So I will stay with my little Brother machine.
I don't remember how to download but I think it used the Ped Basic.

LITTLEOLDME 02-20-2014 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6583326)
Auntevie, after I buy the design, theni get lost. I need a step by step of what to look for and what to type in or the option to choose. Does that make it clearer. thank you so much

you should have a down load instructions from where you buy the pattern.

BizyStitches 02-20-2014 11:28 AM

Have a folder on your desktop and rename it something like "EmbDesigns", then when you want to download a design you will right click on the design you want and select "Save as" and then you will have the option to select your "EmbDesigns" folder that you placed on your desktop. (Do you know how to add a folder to your desktop?). Once you select your folder then click save. You then need to go to the folder if the design was a zip file (the folder will look like it has a little zipper on it) then right click on it and select "Extract", after that you can delete the zip file. Now I don't have your machine but I have an older Brother machine that uses a disk so I right click on the design I want and select "Move to" and then I select drive A (which is where my disk is). Once it is loaded on to the disk, I slip it into my embroider machine and load it there. Does this help you any?

CW2007 02-20-2014 12:19 PM

Trouble with PE 770

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6582717)
if you have the brother PE770, can you give step by step instructions
on how to download designs from the internet??? I'm having the hardest time with this.
someone, Please help me.
thanks

I purchased the same embroidery machine two years ago and still can't download designs from the internet to this day. The software that I purchased, upon the recommendation of the sales person, does not work at all. I have installed and uninstalled the software so many times since I purchased the machine, that I've lost count. Now my machine sits in my closet since I can't figure out how to download anything. I wish I could help you, but maybe there are others who have had the same trouble and have had success in figuring it out or someone has been able to help them solve the problem.

CW2007 02-20-2014 12:21 PM

Thank you. I'll try this.

BizyStitches 02-20-2014 03:32 PM

Maybe this will be better for you.
Go to http://tinyurl.com/lcofmkq
scroll to the last picture and notice where it says "download free designs" double click on that line a new screen opens. now put your cursor on the PES and right click on your mouse. Click on "Save target as" and then a new screen should pop up and you can select the folder you want to download the design into. When you've selected where you want to download click on "Save". Now open that file folder, if the designs are in a zip folder (the folder will look like it has a zipper on it), right click on the folder and select "Extract All". when that is done is when you can delete the zip folder. Now your design is ready to load to "whatever you use to load designs to your type of machine". If you want a "free" program that you can load the design into so you can see it this is the one I use:
http://www.wingssystems.com/index.ph...ucts/myeditor/
or some of the others that have been mentioned. Try this from that sight and see how it works for you. Once you do it a couple times it will be easy for you.