Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HELP!! Sticker GOO on New Clothes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-sticker-goo-new-clothes-t32443.html)

mommaB 12-27-2009 03:57 PM

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the sticky stuff from the back of some descriptive sticker off of a pair of jeans? Why do the manufacturers put those darn things on clothing in the first place :x . I have a 2 inch diameter gooey spot on the granddaughter's jeans. They have not been washed yet, I noticed it right away! Thank goodness! Someone thought WD-40, but won't that leave an oil stain? They're really cute jeans and I hate returning stuff :D Thanks for your ideas. Hope your Christmas was merry

Mary

dsj 12-27-2009 04:48 PM

That makes me so mad, I don't know either but I have had it on fat quarters too. It is impossible to get it off. That is a great question I sure hope someone out there knows what to use.

trupeach 12-27-2009 04:50 PM

spray it with hair spray so that it is soaking wet then let it set a minute or two and then wash.

wvdek 12-27-2009 05:09 PM

I would not use the WD-40 as it will leave a stain.

Do you have any orange oil of any kind or Goo Gone? That works like a charm.

Try an ice cube rubbing it over the spot . It will harden it and may come off.

If all else fails, Ask Heloise on her website.

MadQuilter 12-27-2009 05:58 PM

I read that quite a few people use goo gone on fiber products (carpet and clothing). They say it works like a charm. Another method that is mentioned is to put a paper towel over the spot and a towel over that, then try to iron the glue off.

MonkeeGirl 12-27-2009 06:26 PM

If freezing doesn't help...try a dab of peanut butter (non-crunchy). I have used that trick before and it does work. Really shouldn't leave a stain as long as they are BLUE jeans Good luck!

trupeach 12-27-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I would be careful with Goo Gone as it is an oil as well. The hair spray idea is intriguing. It might work.

hair spray also takes out ball point pen/ink

trupeach 12-27-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by MonkeeGirl
If freezing doesn't help...try a dab of peanut butter (non-crunchy). I have used that trick before and it does work. Really shouldn't leave a stain as long as they are BLUE jeans Good luck!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO peanut butter is oil based it will stain

renee765 12-27-2009 07:18 PM

I have used hand lotion with lanolin to remove the gunk, but I don't remember using it on fabric, so don't know if it would stain.

amma 12-27-2009 11:05 PM

The Goo Gone I buy is Orange oil based and it washes out of clothes really nicely :D:D:D It is not harsh and it works REALLY well at getting gum out of hair too :wink: I use it on skin to take off bandaid marks, when kids have got into permanent markers all over their skin... :roll: