Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hey biker ckicks,check this out! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hey-biker-ckicks-check-out-t158301.html)

1234Irene 10-06-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
Nice!!! Also sad for me. Tues, a friend of mine crashed her new Harley...she is in critical condition....one leg mangled and had to be amputated, coma, chest tube for punctured lung, and will have to have spleen removed if she survives....
This is very hard..she is a single mom of one, and has bern caring fir her sick mother.

That is so sad. Hope she will be ok.

raedar63 10-06-2011 04:32 AM

Nice!!! Also sad for me. Tues, a friend of mine crashed her new Harley...she is in critical condition....one leg mangled and had to be amputated, coma, chest tube for punctured lung, and will have to have spleen removed if she survives....
This is very hard..she is a single mom of one, and has bern caring fir her sick mother.

I will have her and family in my thoughts, unfortunatly this is a very scarey risk we take with this sport......

catzlaw 10-06-2011 05:40 AM

I should have that done to my husbands Harley, he would be so pleased. hehe

feline fanatic 10-06-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
that is my friend Susan Villenueve's bike...she lives in Canada!
she used to have her quilt shop, but sold it about 2 years ago!
!

Well this makes a lot of sense, those Canadians go crazy with customizing their bikes. I have never seen so many over the top customizations, especially custom paint jobs, as I have seen at Canadian rallies. The airbrush artists they have up there are beyond amazing.

I have fanatasies of custom painting my Roadking but it would be just my luck to dump the bike as soon as it happened. Not that I dump my bike very often. In all my years of riding it has only happened a couple of times and I have been most fortunate that no damage was done to either me or my bike.

Regarding the comment about not being able to sell the bike?!?! Uh has your ol man never heard of a swap meet? Pick up a used gas tank and have that custom painted. Install it on the bike after it has been customized, no down time for riding while the prettification is being done. Replacing the tank is an easy job. You can pick them up super cheap and undamaged at swap meets. I have an extra tank just for the day I do finally get brave enough and have the extra cash for my custom paint job. When it comes time to sell, offer up the original tank with the bike.

QuiltnCowgirl 10-06-2011 07:41 AM

Hmmmm...wonder if I can convince hubby to paint his Roadstar Warrior for me? Oh I can hear his reply now! LOL

debs 10-06-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene

That is so sad. Hope she will be ok.

Alicia,
So Sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are for her.
Debs & Hemi

caspharm 10-06-2011 10:53 AM

Very cool!

SouthPStitches 10-06-2011 11:32 AM

"Hubs" and I just took delivery of a brand new Ultra Classic not quite a month ago. Wow would that customization be grounds for divorce in our house! Maybe just a little quilted throw for the backseat I hold down....would have to bungey it down somehow with something other than my butt

alikat110 10-06-2011 03:39 PM

thanks all for your prayers and thoughts. did not mean to bring this post down. just the timing....

just_the_scraps_m'am 10-06-2011 03:58 PM

awesome tank!