Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hey everyone...I'm baaaaaack...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hey-everyone-im-baaaaaack-t132952.html)

trisha 06-24-2011 07:55 PM

Hi everybody, yes I am finally back. For those of you who do not know, I had triple bypass surgery April 20th. Since then, I have been hospitalized 3 times for complications, that were not the result of the heart surgery. I developed pancreatitis, colitis, and illius and a minor array of other things that I am being treated for. My heart surgeon, who by the way I call Dr. HeartThrob, said my heart stopped as soon as they opened me up, and I was on the verge of a major heart attack that I would not have survived!!. Well, I am happy to say that I am here to talk about it!! Praise God!!!! He had the whole situation in hand!!! I just want to thank everyone who responded to my daughters plea for cards and prayers, what a wonderful surprise when I finally got home and found all the wonderful good wishes, and lovely gifts I received from so many of you!!! It surely brought tears to my eyes, and joy to my heart!!! I am still in recovery and will be for several more months, but am feeling better everyn day, and finally got to sew at my machine for the first time today!!! What a thrill that was.
What a great bunch of people we have on this board who really care about each other!!! I love you all!!!

Murphy 06-24-2011 07:57 PM

Welcome back. I am glad to hear that all is moving forward as it should and that you are able to be back sewing. This will help tremendously. Keep healing!!

cjomomma 06-24-2011 08:06 PM

Happy to see you are back and getting better.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 06-24-2011 08:06 PM

Welcome back and so glad you are on your way to full recovery. Sewing will definitely be your therapy. Again, welcome back.

Airwick156 06-24-2011 08:21 PM

Welcome back Trisha. Glad your doing good and that you got to sew some today. :)

suebee 06-24-2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Hi everybody, yes I am finally back. For those of you who do not know, I had triple bypass surgery April 20th. Since then, I have been hospitalized 3 times for complications, that were not the result of the heart surgery. I developed pancreatitis, colitis, and illius and a minor array of other things that I am being treated for. My heart surgeon, who by the way I call Dr. HeartThrob, said my heart stopped as soon as they opened me up, and I was on the verge of a major heart attack that I would not have survived!!. Well, I am happy to say that I am here to talk about it!! Praise God!!!! He had the whole situation in hand!!! I just want to thank everyone who responded to my daughters plea for cards and prayers, what a wonderful surprise when I finally got home and found all the wonderful good wishes, and lovely gifts I received from so many of you!!! It surely brought tears to my eyes, and joy to my heart!!! I am still in recovery and will be for several more months, but am feeling better everyn day, and finally got to sew at my machine for the first time today!!! What a thrill that was.
What a great bunch of people we have on this board who really care about each other!!! I love you all!!!

My Gosh! Where the heck have I been? I didnt know. So glad you are doing better. Thoughts and prayers for sure coming your way. Remember...dont over do it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sue

Jim's Gem 06-24-2011 09:08 PM

I am so glad that you are on the road to recovery!!!

feffertim 06-24-2011 09:25 PM

welcome back Trisha.

nursie76 06-24-2011 09:32 PM

So glad to see you are back and on the mend. Prayers for continued healing going up.

pab58 06-24-2011 09:48 PM

Welcome back!!!! So glad to hear that you are on the mend!!! :thumbup: