Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HGTV Sewing shows? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hgtv-sewing-shows-t140790.html)

SuziC 07-28-2011 03:34 AM

I guess the times are changing and so are the shows. Everyone seems to want to "do id yourself" which is great but what about all us crafters???????

sandyo 07-28-2011 03:42 AM

yes they need more variety

stitchofclass2 07-28-2011 04:17 AM

I have written to them too. I used to watch HGTV every morning and loved it! I never watch anymore. I thought they would switch the sewing shows to DIY but no. So sad!

Jamiestitcher62 07-28-2011 04:38 AM

Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims have an online show called Quiltshow.com? I subscribed to it for a year for 40 bucks, it wasn't worth it. I don't really have an interest in shows where the hosts go someplace and show us other people's quilts, I want tutorials. There are some tutes on the quiltshow.com but once I've seen them, I'm done with the site. Disappointing. There are discussion boards, but this one is so much better.

laurafet 07-28-2011 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy
I don't watch it any more. Too many real estate shows.

Ditto.

Joanne 07-28-2011 04:53 AM

They just don't care! They are shoving things on TV that we don't want to see. So I just don't look at HGTV anymore and the other ones(like my local PBS) that got rid of sewing and quilting, crafts shows.

decky 07-28-2011 05:03 AM

I heard that they cancelled the shows because of low ratings. But who wants to watch all the shows they have on now. I'm really not interested in redoing a room, over and over.

SandyMac 07-28-2011 05:21 AM

Don't watch HGTV or DIY anymore no quilting ,no sewing ,no crafting, no me.

mama's place 07-28-2011 05:23 AM

Sound so familiar. Some may be due to my age, but TV in general isn't what it used to be. Don't know if no one is writing anything worth putting on as a series,etc. or if the money guys who pay the bills don't think people over 30 have brains and realize that so many of today's TV shows are copies of others. So little originality. Reality TV shows don't interest a lot of us. We live with "reality" and theirs is at least "creative" to a lot of us...but I'm not interested. I read, sew, and take care of an aging mother and a depressed family member. That's reality for me and I wish the TV people would look at the portion of the population who would like to be entertained or educated by TV. I'll get off my soapbox. Today's TV to me is a waste of my time.

Becka 07-28-2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I guess the times are changing and so are the shows. Everyone seems to want to "do id yourself" which is great but what about all us crafters???????

Agreed. We were DIY before they even thought of a DIY channel!