Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hi Admin, is this a glitch? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hi-admin-glitch-t30727.html)

pal 12-02-2009 10:17 AM

With the old system we got a notification that there was a new response to a topic, and that we would not get additional responses until we read the topic.

Now I am getting notifications every time there is an additional response to the same topic. This has only happened with one
particular topic so far. Thought you might like to know.

And, thanks for a wonderful "Place to Be"!

Ninnie 12-02-2009 10:22 AM

I'm not getting notifications most of the time. Out of 2o responses, i am getting only notifications on 2 of them. I have reset my profile and this hasn't helped any.

Admin 12-02-2009 10:23 AM

Now I am getting notifications every time there is an additional response to the same topic. This has only happened with one
particular topic so far. Thought you might like to know.
Are you sure you haven't visited the topic in between replies without checking your e-mail?

Admin 12-02-2009 10:26 AM

I'm not getting notifications most of the time. Out of 2o responses, i am getting only notifications on 2 of them. I have reset my profile and this hasn't helped any.
Please check your bulk/junk folder to make sure notifications don't get trapped there.

Ninnie 12-02-2009 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Admin

Please check your bulk/junk folder to make sure notifications don't get trapped there.

Just checked and there is nothing in there. I don't know if i have done something wrong or not. i get notifications from my diary, general chit chat, and that's it. Nothing from pictures. And only one from main.

Admin 12-02-2009 11:14 AM

Ninnie, the board would only send one notification per topic until you view that topic again, regardless of the number of new posts it accumulated.

Maybe that's the case?

Also, there might be a problem with old topics. But all topics posted after the migration of the board should work as described.

You can always use the Watch link inside the topic to make sure you are watching it.
So if you visit an old topic for which you should be receiving notifications but don't, you can click the Watch link.

pal 12-02-2009 11:21 AM

When I turned on my computer this morning there were about
7 notifications. I read the first one with all of the new responses on it, and then there were 4 or 5 more, plus
responses to other threads.

Admin 12-02-2009 11:36 AM

Check the date/time of those notifications and try to recall if you visited the topic before that.

Ninnie 12-02-2009 12:00 PM

I have posted twice on this thread, and have not been notified of any response after my posting. I went to my Profile and reset all, even re set my e-mail address. i don't know why. I can live with it this way , just don't understand. i did get notification of when i had PM, didn't get that before :shock: I have both boxes checked on my profile to be notified, so I don't know what else to try.

Admin 12-02-2009 12:12 PM

I'm showing e-mail sent to you and accepted by your e-mail provider.

So they are either filtering some of it or dropping it completely.

Here is their confirmation that my mail server got on the last notification that was sent to you:
on Dec 2 14:14:18
"250 2.0.0 Message received OK [[email protected]]"

That shows their internal id assigned to the incoming piece of mail.
You might want to contact the support and ask them to make sure they don't drop e-mail from the board (from [email protected]).