Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hoarders marathon today on A&E (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hoarders-marathon-today-e-t63366.html)

Scissor Queen 09-06-2010 10:46 AM

They're showing every episode from the last two seasons today.

Rebecca VLQ 09-06-2010 10:51 AM

I can't watch this show, because I've known someone who is a hoarder and it's the saddest thing. SO, it would kinda like be watching their life reincarnated, kwim?

I *did* just see an advertisement for a new show where they seem to actually need to call CPS because there's a child involved. How sad. How damaging. :(

Scissor Queen 09-06-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
I can't watch this show, because I've known someone who is a hoarder and it's the saddest thing. SO, it would kinda like be watching their life reincarnated, kwim?

I *did* just see an advertisement for a new show where they seem to actually need to call CPS because there's a child involved. How sad. How damaging. :(

I have hoarders in my family. The show gives some real insights into what goes on in a hoarders mind. It's very sad for hoarders and their families.

mzsooz 09-06-2010 11:18 AM

Thanks for telling me. I have hoarders in my family and we kind of have a problem here at home. Nothing like on these shows but it can be pretty bad. My great uncle was a hoarder and he saved EVERYTHING. My mom is still scarred from having to clean out his place after he died.

Off to watch tv!!! Can't quilt...have a migraine going...

oldswimmer 09-06-2010 11:43 AM

I watch hoarders... if nothing else to keep myself from becoming that bad. Being a collector is very close in my book.....

GrammaNan 09-06-2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
I watch hoarders... if nothing else to keep myself from becoming that bad. Being a collector is very close in my book.....

I agree about the collector thing.

dogsgod 09-06-2010 11:55 AM

Of course, collecting fabric definately can't fall into the "hoarding" category....................can it ? ;)

mygirl66 09-06-2010 12:01 PM

I watched that show last week! There was a woman on there who had BOLTS of fabric & batting, I reached my arms out, thinking "I want to help you clean your house, give me the fabric & batting, I will give it a good home!". That was about the time dh told me I have issues, lol.

Scissor Queen 09-06-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by dogsgod
Of course, collecting fabric definately can't fall into the "hoarding" category....................can it ? ;)

It depends. Hoarding has a pretty specific definition.

brighmet 09-06-2010 12:48 PM

I watched the last couple of shows late last night. It really got me motivated to clean and organize my sewing area. My daughter recently moved back home after graduating from college and brought a ton of stuff. We are planning on having a massive garage sale at the end of the month. Until then I am going to keep organizing the sewing room and try to get rid of stuff I will never use.