Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hobbies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hobbies-t125321.html)

pjaco 05-24-2011 03:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i have no friends that quilt. In fact, I don't think any of my friends have hobbies. How do they go through life without any distractions?? I have to have an escape.

Opal Jane 05-24-2011 03:52 AM

I am in the same situation as you. I would like to have someone to quilt with and talk about fabric and stuff, which is why I joined the board. It at least fills the talking part. None of my firends have hobbies either, I don't know what they do with their time.

DebsShelties 05-24-2011 03:52 AM

Love the colors on your quilt
Everyone is different and have different likes and dislikes in life, that's ok. It lets them be who they are.

frauhahn 05-24-2011 03:56 AM

I was just talking to a friend about his lady friend-she's a teacher and under a lot of stress right now, due to all the politics and I asked why she didn't retire last year when they offered an incentive? Among other things, he said she has nothing to do if she retires-doesn't even mow her own lawn, and she'd die of boredom. I took the incentive and can't find enough time to deal with all of my projects, even so! Can't imagine life without lots of hobbies and interests!

Darlene 05-24-2011 03:56 AM

I like to have something to do when I watch TV whether it be crocheting or x stitch.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-24-2011 04:09 AM

That's a really cute quilt!!! I don't know about other people but I have enough hobbies for many! haha
Of course quilting is at the top of my list :D

pjaco 05-24-2011 04:11 AM

I know, me too! So many I forget them, or cover them up with something else. But such a fun surprise when I come across something I forgot I bought. Sometimes I have bought two!! Shame on me.

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
That's a really cute quilt!!! I don't know about other people but I have enough hobbies for many! haha
Of course quilting is at the top of my list :D

:D

hobbykat1955 05-24-2011 04:12 AM

Ditto on above comments...I have a crochet group but no one quilts. When I go on vacation with my SIL she dragged herself into the QS stayed all of 20 seconds and said I can't believe you find looking at fabric interesting...She left and sat in the car while I rushed thru to find fabric. I could have spent 2 hrs there but needless to say since she was sitting in the car alittle annoyed I cut it short and was out within 20 mins...Won't take her out again and just go by myself next time.
Non quilters just don't get it.

genafan201 05-24-2011 04:15 AM

Count me in the "way to many hobbies" category...

I can't WAIT to retire...

lynnie k 05-24-2011 04:19 AM

How dull is their life without a project or two:(