Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby opening in Manchester, NH - anyone familiar? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hobby-lobby-opening-manchester-nh-anyone-familiar-t126386.html)

Butterfli19 05-28-2011 05:16 PM

They are opening in the former Burlington Coat factory across from the mall. I've heard of this store before but wanted to hear from someone who has been there.

How is their fabric? Needlework selection? Do you love it?

justwannaquilt 05-28-2011 05:24 PM

I love our Hobby Lobby, they have some pretty cool fabrics but not a huge selection. As far as needlework I haven't ever paid much attention. But I think I remember seeing quite a bit the one time that I did go to buy some embroidery floss.

cctx. 05-28-2011 05:27 PM

The Hobby Lobby here has good selections of fabrics & plenty of sewing gadgets and quilting notions.

NCquilter 05-28-2011 05:27 PM

I have one about 45 minutes away. I rarely go since I have quilt shops that are closer. They have nice fabrics, but at the store here, it's a very small selection. Not sure about needlework selection though.

sunni 05-28-2011 05:32 PM

I am not a fan of HL at all.

The fabric selection is small in comparison to even Joann Fabrics. The needlework section isn't any different than Michael's or ACMoore.

I find they have too much home decor items, it is everywhere in the whole front and middle of the store.

Be careful about getting the sale prices, they do not use a computer system there, they ring everything by hand and the girls have to memorize the sale flyer. ...some items are interpreted to be on sale when they aren't and vice versa. For example....I went to HL to get some emboridery paper, all scrapbooking paper was on sale 50% off. The cashier said not the emb. paper, but at another HL my friend went to, the cashier said yes the paper was on sale???? My friend got a water globe thatyou put a picture in, no marked on sale on the shelf or anywhere near....the cashier said it was on sale cause it was a frame? and frames were on sale that week.....all how you interpret it LOL

robin

sewcrafty 05-28-2011 06:18 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the heads up! Boy, something else to conjest that area even more.

SueJ 05-28-2011 07:18 PM

Our Hobby Lobby is really nice. Has a good selection of fabric & a few isles dedicated to yarn & cross stitch which is what I look at.

Sue

DeeBooper 05-29-2011 04:37 AM

I love,love, love Hobby Lobby. They have everything and their fabric is excellent! We have a great selection here!

luvstoquilt 05-29-2011 06:53 AM

Love Hobby Lobby..watch for 40% off coupons in the paper..great bargains in sewing notions, fabric is nice and lots of books and magazines..I use the 40% off all the time..if you wait a couple of weeks everything is reduced.

purplemem 05-29-2011 09:12 AM

go to their website and subscribe, they will send you two coupons every week. I love my HL, I think the fabrics are really pretty and very different from JoAnn's and Hancocks.

I don't do needlework anymore so can't comment on that.