Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HOLY CATS!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/holy-cats-t128819.html)

Edie 06-07-2011 02:06 PM

It is 102 degrees here in the great North! Hottest Junely 15, 1988 - It is the only 100 degree day this century! Wowee! Summer is Here! It's gorgeous out. Hotter'n Billy Blue Blazes, but we have waited for this for so darn long.

Poor Miss Bess. I can only let her out for 10 minutes at a time and the birds need their water changed every hour or so because it gets hot. I have four bird baths and a fountain, so needless to say, I have been a busy little camper here. I am cutting fabric also. Nice inside. Have a nice little glass of wine here and am enjoying the weather, the air conditioning, our soup and sandwiches I am going to make for supper and an ice cold chocolate cake with chocolate frosting to top off the day!

What a wonderful day to be alive. Enjoy the day, Minnesota, we deserve it! Edie

QuiltnNan 06-07-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
It is 102 degrees here in the great North! Hottest Junely 15, 1988 - It is the only 100 degree day this century!

the news just said that we are the hottest city in the nation!

coloradosky 06-07-2011 02:11 PM

Yes enjoy! Here in Sunny New York and yes I can actually use that expression because we also have been enjoying absoluely beautiful weather this week. It was very windy and cold over the weekend but we are really enjoying the sun and high temperatures this week.

Edie 06-07-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

It is 102 degrees here in the great North! Hottest Junely 15, 1988 - It is the only 100 degree day this century!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edie

pab58 06-07-2011 02:14 PM

It reached 94 degrees here in the Detroit area today. We broke a record. The previous record for this day was a high of 93 degrees in 1968! We are supposed to have a high of 94 tomorrow, too. On Thursday it's supposed to hit 88 with a chance of thunderstorms. That is the last day of school Then on Friday our high is to be 66 and rain showers!!!!!!! What's up with that????!!!! :shock: My students are so-o-o-o dissapointed. Their first day of summer vacation and it's going to be chilly and rainy. The weekend isn't any better -- rain!! :roll:

Edie 06-07-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

Oops! That should be July 15, 1988! We are all so excited around here that I made two months into one! Edie

marymc 06-07-2011 02:26 PM

Very hot and now winds too! The lake is crazy wild this evening. It's doing a number on our dock!

Murphy 06-07-2011 02:45 PM

Amen. It is a wonderful day to be alive. Thank you for sharing these feelings (smile).

carhop 06-07-2011 03:08 PM

Your just catching up to us we've been in the 90 sence the beganing of April and humidity is terrable in Florida

Kappy 06-07-2011 05:06 PM

It's hot a little further north in the state too! But take heart, the weather man said we are suppose to drop by 30 degrees by tomorrow. That's Minnesota!