Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Home from Christmas in MT - I got to meet Dodie too! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/home-christmas-mt-i-got-meet-dodie-too-t32981.html)

rein 01-02-2010 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We had a new experience for us - Christmas in very VERY cold Montana! It was fun to be able to spend Christmas with our 2 granddaughters and their parents. Very exciting day compared to our usual quiet at home by ourselves kind of experiences. We landed in Bozeman on the 22nd and I had been talking with Dodie about our trying to meet up for a bit. She and Keith planned their trip to MT family in Bozeman with our arrival - and it all worked out! Only thing - dumb dumb me - I forgot to have my camera with me when we met up at a pizza parlor. :oops: :cry: But it was so fun to meet such delightful people!

On the 24th we went into Yellowstone Park for the day - we hired our own guide and rig and had one heck of a delightful day. We left about 9 am and came home about 5 pm - exhausted but a nice kind of tired. Saw bald eagles, swans, all kinds of ducks, geese and dippers as far as the bird kingdom was concerned. Then elk, bison, cayotes (at least 3), and on the way back home I spotted a bobcat that we watched try to catch some ducks for at least 30 minutes. the day was below zero when we started out and made it clear up to 10 degrees around 3pm. The park was really more beautiful in the winter than the summer/fall as we had seen previously. I will try to add some pics - had trouble last time.
Happy New Year Everyone!

The gang on tour
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62865[/ATTACH]

A small bunch of Bison
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62866[/ATTACH]

Bobcat along the river
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62867[/ATTACH]

barnbum 01-02-2010 06:50 PM

Awesome photos!! I'm glad you had a terrific time!!

omak 01-02-2010 06:52 PM

WOW!

Interesting how in the daylight and with no wind, as long as the sun is shining ... the degrees don't matter <g> although, it is impressive to know that we have accruetements to keep us warm no matter the temperature, eh?
That is some beautiful country ... close to the Continental Divide by any chance?

Duh! Yellowstone Park <g>

fluffbug95 01-02-2010 07:00 PM

Awesome pics! I love the bob cat one!
What kind of truck is that?? I would gladly drive it! I love the color of it too! :-D :lol:

sharon b 01-02-2010 07:38 PM

WOW How exciting , Meeting another member and going to Yellowstone :mrgreen: You have been busy ! Did Dodie bring a camera ?

littlehud 01-02-2010 08:44 PM

Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Janstar 01-02-2010 08:55 PM

Great pics and that truck is cool too!

amma 01-02-2010 10:24 PM

How wonderful that you got to spend Christmas with your family!!! What an awesome outing, I love the pictures :D:D:D

I bet you and Dodie had a great time :D:D:D

Bevanger 01-03-2010 06:13 AM

Welcome back home . It sounds like you had alot of fun.

Ninnie 01-03-2010 09:37 AM

Great pictures!! So glad you got together with Dodie!