Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Honest Mom! I swear I wasn't eating toilet paper! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/honest-mom-i-swear-i-wasnt-eating-toilet-paper-t226981.html)

auntpiggylpn 07-31-2013 02:28 PM

Honest Mom! I swear I wasn't eating toilet paper!

1 Attachment(s)
This is my 15 yo toothless Pomeranian Toby Bean that I got from a rescue 1 1/2 yrs ago. It seems like I have had him forever; he just stole my heart from the moment I met him! He has had a rough week. He has an enlarged heart, which we knew when we rescued him. Last week he started to go into Congestive Heart Failure. After a $321 vet bill, he is now on a cardiac med and a water pill daily. He is much better this week ( and so is his human mom!) and is acting like a dog half his age, even running around the yard with the 2 Shepherds! I went into my bedroom this afternoon and this is how I found him. After last week's scare, I couldn't get mad at him!

bearisgray 07-31-2013 02:36 PM

He sure is a cutie! I can see why you fell in love with him.

nativetexan 07-31-2013 02:40 PM

Evidence right on his nose, huh? Well, maybe the next time he does that you can have a talk with him.

barri1 07-31-2013 03:21 PM

I'm glad he is feeling better. No you can't yell at him for acting a bunch of years younger than he is.

Prism99 07-31-2013 03:45 PM

Awwwww. Sure is a cutie! Bet he was running around with the shepherds because he feels so much younger on the meds! He is lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

nanacc 07-31-2013 06:11 PM

Precious! Reminds me of the min poodle that my parents had many years ago. She would get mad if we went shopping and left her home for very long. We get home to find her innocently curled up in a chair, wagging her tail, happy to see us. The thing we could not figure out......How did that little bitty dog get up on the cabinet and tear open every stick of gum in a package all over the house! LOL

Geri B 08-01-2013 04:34 AM

Lucky your vet bill was what I call reasonable....would have been a lot more in my neck of the woods! Enjoy your little troublemaker!

Retired Fire Chief 08-01-2013 04:48 AM

He is so cute, I hope his meds keep him healthy, he looks really good for his age. CHF is no fun, for humans or dogs. I will say special prayers for the little guy.

CindyA 08-01-2013 05:01 AM

LOL Yeah, I can see why it would be hard to get upset.

luvstoquilt 08-01-2013 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6208337)
Lucky your vet bill was what I call reasonable....would have been a lot more in my neck of the woods! Enjoy your little troublemaker!

Geri, I think we live in the same woods! My Peach went for his wellness check-up and it was over $200. He is 6, an indoor cat and absolutely healthy! He was a 5 wk old left in the park to die when I found him...now the love of my life!

Auntpiggylpn...I think your little guy is adorable and I am so glad he was lucky enough to go home with you! I would love him, too!