Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   hot, hazy humid weather (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hot-hazy-humid-weather-t138472.html)

Jo Mama 07-19-2011 05:11 AM

We in Florida are used to that so there is AC all over but my yard is suffering - just don't feel like going out to the sauna to pull weeds.

Edie 07-19-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
I'm in eastern PA and we are expecting another wave of hot stuff toward the end of the week although it already feels hot here. They are saying high 90s.

You will be getting what we have now!!!!! Think like we do - it's going to be winter soon enough!!!!!! We don't think so much about the temp, its the dew point and humidity that melts us all right down to the sidewalk! Edie

Edie 07-19-2011 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by sarahconner
Sorry to hear it it so hot in MN. Where I love it stays hot, humid, and sweaty for at least 9 or sometimes 10 months out of the yr

We're tough out here in the tundra!!!!!! In the winter it is colder'n ---- and in the summer it is hotter'n ----, but that is what makes us Minnesotans!!!! It's in our genes! We love the cold Winter because we know Spring and Summer is coming and we love the Summer because we know Winter is coming. Or as the old saying goes "If winter's here, can Spring be far behind?"

But, we are the world's biggest gripers! Never satisfied, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. That also is what makes us Minnesotans. Wouldn't trade Minnesota for anywhere in the world. Edie

Minnisewta 07-19-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kuusistoquilter
:cry: It has been soo hot outside. Now I live on Lake Superior, so we normally don't get hot weather. The humidity is so high, the concrete walls are sweating. I can't sew since I only have an air conditioner in the living room. I can get about 2 hr early 6am in the morning before the humidity gets too bad.

I lived in Duluth for 3 years, I feel your pain. You don't normally even need air conditioning. I hope it cools off for both of us.
^..^ meow

Sandra in Minnesota 07-19-2011 07:09 AM

I think I have summer "cabin fever". I can hardly breathe outside!

jillnjo 07-19-2011 07:15 AM

Hot here in IN, too. We had a nice rain in the night, but no relief from the heat today or the next few days. I'm not ready for fall, but a lot of this heat can change my mind about that!

penski 07-19-2011 11:22 AM

i have not been quilting because of the heat , it has been terrible 113 today

belmer 07-19-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Edie

Originally Posted by sarahconner
Sorry to hear it it so hot in MN. Where I love it stays hot, humid, and sweaty for at least 9 or sometimes 10 months out of the yr

We're tough out here in the tundra!!!!!! In the winter it is colder'n ---- and in the summer it is hotter'n ----, but that is what makes us Minnesotans!!!! It's in our genes! We love the cold Winter because we know Spring and Summer is coming and we love the Summer because we know Winter is coming. Or as the old saying goes "If winter's here, can Spring be far behind?"

But, we are the world's biggest gripers! Never satisfied, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. That also is what makes us Minnesotans. Wouldn't trade Minnesota for anywhere in the world. Edie

Well said Edie! And yes it is not so much the temp's as it is the "humidity".

kaykwilts 07-19-2011 11:30 AM

Texas heat...feels as hot as an oven when you open the door....so hot the cat pauses before turning back into the air conditioning....so hot the grass pokes you and crunches under your feet...so hot your tomatoes turn white from being sun bleached BEFORE they can ripen on the vine....so hot, it's still 89 at 6 am...so hot even coffee doesn't sound good in the morning...too hot...that's all I have to say!!

kwiltnutt 07-19-2011 12:36 PM

We're still waiting for summer to arrive!