Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   House exterior (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/house-exterior-t316213.html)

Onebyone 08-24-2021 04:04 AM

House exterior

Our house got it's yearly powerwashed yesterday. We have white siding and red brick exterior. The white is gleaming and the brick looks fresh and new. My neighbor said we were the only ones on the street to get our house washed every year, we have only been here for three years . I told him I know I can tell. He's crabby so I was snarky. How often do most get their house exterior washed top to bottom?

SuzzyQ 08-24-2021 04:16 AM

My hubby used to power wash our siding at least once a year. Couldn't wash the old stucco so mother nature had to do that for us.
I would have told crabby neighbour that it makes us happy.

Fizzle 08-24-2021 06:27 AM

We had vinyl siding when I was a kid and we loved hosing off the house!

juliasb 08-24-2021 06:48 AM

We do the vinyl siding once ever 2 years.

Onebyone 08-24-2021 07:18 AM

We live by water so the dirt seems to collect faster.

Peckish 08-24-2021 07:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I think hubby does it once a year. We have aluminum siding.

We just installed a new roof, and talk about a facelift! I love the new color! (the charcoal gray) I hated that reddish brown roof. When we painted the house green about 10 years ago, it was SO hard picking a paint color that would go with both the brick and the roof.

Irishrose2 08-24-2021 08:28 AM

Whole house - every other year. The 34 feet under the carport that doesn't get rinsed by the rain - every year.

Onebyone 08-24-2021 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Peckish the new color roof does update the house and looks great. I like your landscaping too. Looks so neat and cared for. My house, the white siding stands out and is all you see in the front of the house. The extensions on both side are red brick and are hard to see.

Peckish 08-24-2021 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8504053)
Peckish the new color roof does update the house and looks great. I like your landscaping too. Looks so neat and cared for. My house, the white siding stands out and is all you see in the front of the house. The extensions on both side are red brick and are hard to see.

Thank you, Onebyone! We have a lot of burnt foliage after the 115° heat wave we had. Hoping my calla lilies survive.
I *LOVE* your house, I especially love the huge front porch! It looks so inviting. ❤️ I've always longed to have a home with a large front porch, but in my area we have mostly 70's ranch "snout houses" (where the first thing you see is the garage sticking out).

Onebyone 08-24-2021 09:55 AM

A big front porch was one of my must haves when we were looking for our retirement home. It's like another room to me.