Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/housework-tips-tricks-post-yours-us-enjoy-t65021.html)

craftybear 09-16-2010 08:11 AM

ha ha that would be a funny picture

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by craftybear
You know we all have housework to do. It is hard trying to keep up with the housework and find time for quilting, sewing and our other crafts.

I thought we should start a thread to post our tips and tricks for housework.

Tie rags to the dog's feet and tail. Voila dusting done.

craftybear 09-16-2010 08:18 AM

I need to go clean in house so I will see how much I get done in 15 minutes, bye bye (I will set the timer)

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Flylady..and her 15 minutes at a time.

Timers...do 15 minutes at a time, then QUIT and go on to another room. You can come back to this room later, for 15 minutes.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-16-2010 08:26 AM

When a room bothers me I close the door.
HAHA I'm so bad- still angry that Hazel never moved in with us lol

sueisallaboutquilts 09-16-2010 08:27 AM

You know we all have housework to do. It is hard trying to keep up with the housework and find time for quilting, sewing and our other crafts.

Tie rags to the dog's feet and tail. Voila dusting done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-P

Chasing Hawk 09-16-2010 08:28 AM

It takes me two days to clean the house from one end to another. Everything gets cleaned, dusted and if it can go into the washer it gets washed.

Major cleaning.....under the stove, frig is once a month. Moving stuff off the shelf that runs the length of the house is every 3 months. Shampooing the carpets is 3 times a year.

I do quick daily cleanings like wiping the bathroom down, and the kitchen gets cleaned after every meal.

P.S.

I buy my cleaning solution in a big bottle. I use Mr. Clean something and add a little to a squirt bottle from Home Depot with water. It's a lot cheaper than buying the premixed version.

grann of 6 09-16-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
It takes me two days to clean the house from one end to another. Everything gets cleaned, dusted and if it can go into the washer it gets washed.

Major cleaning.....under the stove, frig is once a month. Moving stuff off the shelf that runs the length of the house is every 3 months. Shampooing the carpets is 3 times a year.

I do quick daily cleanings like wiping the bathroom down, and the kitchen gets cleaned after every meal.

Do you hire yourself out? You can come to my house.
P.S.

I buy my cleaning solution in a big bottle. I use Mr. Clean something and add a little to a squirt bottle from Home Depot with water. It's a lot cheaper than buying the premixed version.

Chasing Hawk 09-16-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Do you hire yourself out? You can come to my house.
P.S.

LOL

I have to clean this way because of allergies. :)

Caroltee 09-16-2010 09:15 AM

I thought we couldn’t to use bad words on this board :shock: Shame shame. Am going to tellllllllllllllllll :evil: :twisted:

Aunt Retta 09-16-2010 09:23 AM

Use large thick cleaning rag. It gathers much more dirt much faster. Clean bathroom every day as you use it in morning, clean tub once a week beforeyou shower.

grann of 6 09-16-2010 09:23 AM

I have another comment about cleaning. I hate it when other people in the household don't clean up after themselves. Like when someone microwaves something without covering it and it splatters all over the place, and then they just leave it. Ugh!!! Oh, I think I forgot to mention that I live alone. :roll: :lol: :cry: