Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How can you make your look "spotless" when it really isn't? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-can-you-make-your-look-%22spotless%22-when-really-isnt-t91461.html)

Magdalena 01-17-2011 05:24 PM

I am taking the fifth amendment on this one :)

roseOfsharon 01-17-2011 05:27 PM

I clean once a week and keep the rooms picked up and of course the Kitchen and baths are keep clean daily. It's not to say that dust cannot be found behind furniture, that is one chore that only gets done in spring and fall.

tmw 01-17-2011 05:27 PM

i notice smells and pet hairs, I , myself am not the best housekeeper, but those two things , i don't like!!!!

BMP 01-17-2011 06:00 PM

I have always had a fetish about bathrooms and kitchen. I had 2 sons and a husband who were all slobs especially the bathroom. I cleaned it daily and even now that its just myself and DH I still take a lysol/bleach wipe every morning and wipe down everything. we pick up after ourselves.so nothing gets too out of control.
My main living room never gets used and that is where the front door is so I dont get freaked out if someone comes that it might not be company ready.
All in all we only use 1 bedroom,family room, kitchen and bath. I think the main thing is keeping clutter under control, I dont have anything out on my counter tops either except a coffee maker and a TV.

jetnica 01-17-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by tmw
i notice smells and pet hairs, I , myself am not the best housekeeper, but those two things , i don't like!!!!

add a clean potty to this list - and i'm there.

DonnaD 01-17-2011 06:20 PM

When my kids were young I spent an awful lot of time either cleaning their rooms or griping at them to clean them. Now I have two granddaughters I'm raising. One is a neat freak but the other... "OMG" best describes her room. I keep her door closed and let her be.

As to the rest, if it's too dirty for company, they can always go home... so I can get back to the sewing machine. lol

amandasgramma 01-17-2011 06:23 PM

I keep kitchen and bathroom clean - and notice that it's not when in other homes. Livingroom floor and the dining table and coffee tables are kept clean because they are the first thing you see when you enter my small home. :) :) :)

isnthatodd 01-17-2011 06:25 PM

One of my gifts to myself is a lady who comes once a month or so to clean. Other than that, I do what stands out. About the only person who comes to our house comes to see me and doesn't care about the mess. We are clean enough to be healthy and the rest doesn't matter. (I also have what my sister calls flat-surface disease. If there is a flat surface I have something on it.)

DA Mayer 01-17-2011 06:25 PM

It helps to have a home for everything and put things back. My house is usually neat but my desk and sewing area are usually a mess...

Up North 01-17-2011 06:28 PM

The people I know with spotless homes have no hobbies or any craft type projects. My house is cluttered but oh well! As long as it is fairly picked up I am content.