Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How did you meet your significate other? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-did-you-meet-your-significate-other-t146633.html)

Carron 08-20-2011 07:50 PM

What is your story about meeting your husband/wife or if those don't apply how about your sewing machine?

I was a teacher at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio and hubby was a student. His insturctor became ill and I took over her classes. As they say, the rest is history and boy can he dance! :D :D :D

sharon b 08-20-2011 07:55 PM

LOL Walking down the street , and he said Hi .....

Jim 08-20-2011 07:59 PM

My brother was dating my wife's sister and introduced us...we were in High School together, she was a year younger. We dated off and on and wrote everyday while I was away at college(pre-computer era---GASP!) When I returned home after my first year we didn't see each other for 3 months...after the day we saw each other again, we have been together for almost 38 years

Up North 08-20-2011 08:02 PM

My dad introduced me to him, he was the repair man and I had to take something to him, Well I was hooked!! Just celebrated 40 years last week!

Jim's Gem 08-20-2011 08:02 PM

We were High School Sweethearts.

We met during the summer at a Church youth group activity week.

charismah 08-20-2011 08:03 PM

MY Dh and I met on www.Match.com.

I know..right?

At the time they had Venus the love cupid who would match up similar profiles. Well when they did that it would send the profile matches to your inbox..I saw his and deleted him. LOL.
But then he started talking to me..and I thought I would respond back...now 10 years later...here we are!

COYOTEMAGIC 08-20-2011 08:07 PM

I found him in the woods.

Honest!!! I worked for a program called VisionQuest that ran wilderness camps out in the wood for juvenile offenders. He came to work there.

I was his boss too. He tells people, that hasn't changed.

I'm not as bad as my sister, however, she found her husband at the Goodwill store.

GreatStarter 08-20-2011 08:13 PM

College ski class, then next day there he was my lab partner in a mandatory class. We have been together ever since, 37 yrs.

quiltingcandy 08-20-2011 08:15 PM

We met at my best friend's house. He was friends with her older brother. I fell in love right away, he did not. We became best friends, years later we found we were better together than the other people we dated. We have now been married 38 years and counting.

Montana Quilter 08-20-2011 08:16 PM

My husband was one my friends husband. He called me to tell me that he and Beth were seperating and I said oh I'm so sorry-is there any thing i can do? He said yes go out with me!I talked to beth about it and she said you can have him if you want him! So we went out- had a great time, and just celebrated out 25th wedding anniversary on August 9th!