Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How do people figure out Medicare parts to sign up for? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-do-people-figure-out-medicare-parts-sign-up-t115039.html)

selfhunter 04-11-2011 04:10 AM

I still work and both my husband (he is retired) and myself have my insurance through my employer. That is our primary insurance and we both have Medicare Part A and Part B. Part B acts as secondary insurance until I retire. It picks up a lot of co-pay for us

smagruder 04-11-2011 05:56 AM

Humana has an advantage insurance. It is really good. You only submit one bill to Humana and they take care of the medicare part. It is worth speaking to a representative, who can tell you what you need based on your personal situation.

nativetexan 04-11-2011 06:02 AM

I will say also how much more you pay depends on if the Doctors you see take Medicare. Our Doctor doesn't contract with Medicare so he never writes anything off-we pay the difference.

Riversong 04-11-2011 06:07 AM

My pharmacy has a sevice to help. I will definetly be seeing them,as Im dumber than a brick about that stuff.

pinwheelprincess 04-11-2011 06:28 AM

That's right you sign up for Part A. But there should be a phone # When they send you your Medicare card that you can call w/questions.

Mona Marie 04-11-2011 06:40 AM

I signed up for every thing and then let them figure it out.

Nikki and Co. 04-11-2011 07:23 AM

We just met with an independent insurance agent who sells for several different companies and one thing he made us aware of is that Advantage plans will not cover out of network cancer facilities where the Supplement plans will. He explained how Medicare works far better than the book does (or doesn't), they have to attend medicare classes annually to be eligible to sell policies.

BellaBoo 04-11-2011 07:35 AM

My FIL' s Dr.'s medical insurance billing/filing employee explained it all to him and she knew from her filings what part paid for what he needed the most. Your regular Dr. office probably has the best info since they deal with medicare everyday. Good way to tell if your Dr. has the type of staff that likes to help or just there for a job.

littlebit01 04-11-2011 07:46 AM

I am a Pharmacy Tech at our local Pharmacy of a big chain store. I have been around the Medicare ins. It is something you really need to check into in detail. You said part D will have to wait, not knowing about your age or health. But, it is something you may reconsider it helps alot on Rx's. And part B as well, if you have special needs like if you are diabetic you really need to check into. Part B will help on some medical supplies like test strips and other supplies. There is a $120 deductible each year but it will pay for itself. Most Pharmacies will help you with understanding all of this. I hope this helped you alittle. Good luck.

littlebit01

Stitchit123 04-11-2011 07:58 AM

There is no way to figure it out unless you are already crazy -the hand books cause migraines -the 800 Medicare line was another bad joke. so I went on line looking for Supplement Health ins I asked them Qs and they answered all of them it took forever before I found one that covered my Pre-Existing follow ups and both anti-rejection drugs- but I got to give M-Care credit I understand the true meaning of patience is a virtue