Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How Important Is Walking? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-important-walking-t54041.html)

CarrieAnne 07-12-2010 05:03 AM

Cute!

Juliebelle 07-12-2010 05:53 AM

so true and applies to me

clem55 07-12-2010 05:56 AM

Grew up walking every where I wanted to go, then I got out of that habitas I got into my 20's and really didn"t mind since it was boring. Now that I can't walk without a walker or cane ,for any distance, I sure miss just taking a walk around the block. I know this post was for the humor, and I really enjoyed it and I do have a laugh about things like this, I call myself the "happy penquin" that's the way I look when I walk. Geesh! I look drunk when I haven'T had a drop.LOL

DJ 07-12-2010 06:06 AM

Fun! Think I'll save this for friend's BD card! She is a walk-aholic! Good for her!

MinnieKat 07-12-2010 06:16 AM

LOL LOL LOL!!!

wvdek 07-12-2010 06:45 AM

I finally healed enough from a back injury that I received several years ago, that I began walking again. When I had a 'floppy foot' as it is called and severe leg pain, the Dr's wanted me to have back surgery even though it would not take away the pain and would make me less mobile and possibly paralyzed. Now why the heck would I give you $25,000.00 plus to make me use a walker, take disability, and keep the pain? I don't think so.

So, I started walking. Little baby steps with a cane turned into a three foot stride and one year later I was training for a breast cancer 3-day 60 mile walk. I walked every step and came in #111 out of over 3,000 folks and had actually walked over 65 miles in those three days. What a feeling of accomplishment. Oh, and I lost over 40 lbs.

Without those baby steps that turned into three foot strides, I may not be walking today and may be on disability. So, how important is walking? It could mean your life.

marsye 07-12-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jrbuck
so true and applies to me

which one? :wink:

littlehud 07-12-2010 10:41 AM

I love it. Thanks for the laugh.

raptureready 07-12-2010 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'm all worn out just watching Hyper-Chicken at the bottom of your post. LOL

Some people's idea of exercise is WALKING into trouble, RUNNING off at the mouth, and JUMPING to conclusions.

WRJ----are we talking about anyone in particular? :lol: :lol:

Good morning! :wink:

No one in particular, we probably all do it once in awhile. I know I'm guilty of it now and then no matter how hard I try to shut my mouth stuff keeps bubbling out. Especially if it's something that I feel strongly about. Fortunately those things are getting fewer. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore, basically because I can't remember it. :lol: :lol:

GrammaNan 07-12-2010 04:43 PM

They all apply to me, I think. I gave up walking because the ice cubes kept jumping out of my glass.