Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   how many other crafts do you do besides quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-other-crafts-do-you-do-besides-quilting-t163805.html)

ogama 10-27-2011 08:28 PM

not sure it this was asked but how many other crafts do you do besides quilting. just asking as i do a lot of other things. and want to know how many do also. thanks for sharing blessings ogama

trisha 10-27-2011 08:30 PM

Over the years I have done, ceramics, jewelry making, stoneware, sewing evening gowns for my mother when she was able to go dancing years ago, crocheting, painting on clothes, counted cross stitch, and on and on.
Now just quilting stuff, and crocheting.

bjeriann 10-27-2011 08:34 PM

I use to do landscape painting, procelan dolls, smocking, you name it - I tried it. Now I only quilt. That is all I want to do.

lee_stitches 10-27-2011 08:36 PM

Other crafts/hobbies include: counted cross stitch, scrap booking, sewing, beading, gardening, embroidery, basket weaving, re-caning chairs, calligraphy, and this weekend I am going to try my hand at glass blowing. I have dabbled in painting pictures and sketching in the past also. Jack of all trades, master of none. lol

Dolphyngyrl 10-27-2011 08:39 PM

pottery, scrapbooking, used to do jewelry making back in the day

QuiltingCrazie 10-27-2011 08:41 PM

I sew everything, crochet, counted cross stitch, plastic canvas. I love crafting!!! I try to only make useful items, clothes, costumes, curtains, decor items and quilts!! I just dislike alterations, don't know why but not a favorite of mine.

Jim 10-27-2011 08:43 PM

not many my wife haven't done...we were both Art majors in High School and College

Buzzy Bee 10-27-2011 08:46 PM

Free lance artist
oil and water colour paintings
acrylic paintings,,,ink drawings
making purses
making jewelry
tailor made clothes
evening gowns
window treatments for customerd
duvet covers for customers
slip covers
custom designing embroiedry for pillows and curtains
painting muruals on walls ,,made and sold, wholesale Victorian Crafts and home decor
make fabric wall banners for Church
actually I have done all of the above for customers !!! LOVE making my quilts now,,!!!
I croshet and cross stitch too
and also do custom picture frameing
stain glass windows
calligraphy

sak658 10-27-2011 08:50 PM

Counted cross-stitch, crocheting, embroidering, Oil Painting, and love to play my keyboard.. plus my quilting..

Lacelady 10-27-2011 11:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Everything I could get my hands on, or afford the equipment to try.
Bobbin and needle lace making, crochet, tatting, lampshade making. Miniature crafts in 1/12th scale for dolls house, including making furniture with french polishing, and stitching carpets (see pic).

Doll making, oil and water colour painting, cross stitch and canvas work embroidery, pulled work and cut work embroidery.

Dress making and reproduction historical costume making, including underwear, corsets etc. (see pic). Spinning and knitting, stumpwork embroidery.

There are probably a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

Part of one of my dolls house carpets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278159[/ATTACH]