Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many posts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-posts-t75127.html)

karenchi 11-08-2010 12:25 PM

I rec'd a message that I couldn't post in the classified section until I reached 20 postings in a 2 week interval. So, how do I know how many times I posted in that time interval? I went to my "profile" and it says 36, but that also included classified posts, that don't count towards the twenty.....Do I have to keep track everytime I post?????

craftybear 11-08-2010 12:27 PM

by your name needs to say Regular, will find you links for you to read

User Titles

User titles associated with accounts have the following structure:

"new user" -- first two weeks after the registration.
"a regular here" -- at least 20 posts during the two weeks up to date (assigned/removed automatically); does not include posts in the Classifieds section.
"community benefactor" -- outlined here.
"top poster" -- a user with the highest number of posts.
"moderator" -- users who help moderate the board.

User accounts registered over two weeks ago (on any given day) but with less than 20 posts in the previous two weeks don't have any title associated with them.

Sadiemae 11-08-2010 12:28 PM

There is probably an easier way, but you could to My Posts and count them.

amma 11-08-2010 12:47 PM

If you post twice a day on any topic except in Classifieds, you will easily keep and maintain your regular status. Or 10 a week :D:D:D

If you go to your profile, and click on your posts, you can see page by page when and where you have posted in the previous two weeks. If it is hard for you to keep track, maybe mark them down on a calendar? Or each day when you check your topics or PM's, make 2 posts on other topics? :D:D:D

This rule is to help keep members from joining just to use the Classified section here. There have been problems in the past, and this rule was started to try and keep the members and the board safe from the harm that was caused. :D:D:D

amazon 11-08-2010 12:56 PM

Karenchi, the way I keep up is to go to your "my posts, there are 15 per page, its 20 in a two week period. But the way I ensure that my "regular status" stays is welcome up to three newbies per day and then I comment on the post or threads that I am interested in or just really must comment on or have time for.thats an automatic 21 per week. I usually end up doing more ,but that is a minimum. Hope this helps :-D

brookemarie19 11-08-2010 01:09 PM

I had the same isssue when I tried to sell something here. Just keep socializing and talking to us about anything and you will keep up your regular here status without a problem.

karenchi 11-08-2010 01:28 PM

Thanks everyone....Seems like I keep posting to different topics, but it must be just under 20 all the time.....Thanks again

np3 11-08-2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by karenchi
Thanks everyone....Seems like I keep posting to different topics, but it must be just under 20 all the time.....Thanks again

Not necessarily. You become a regular when you reach 20, but fall off of the regular status if you fall below that number in a 2 week period.

Shemjo 11-08-2010 02:38 PM

I never knew about this. So much to learn

debbieumphress 11-08-2010 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did not know it either but then again, blabber mouth here reads and posts a lot . ROFL. But this is nice to know for future ref. Thanks.

Let's see...post 20 then sell...post 20 then sale...I think I can, I think I can....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122053[/ATTACH]