Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many still get really worried about how ....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-still-get-really-worried-about-how-t148831.html)

dixiebelle162002 08-29-2011 01:04 PM

their house looks before their mother-in-law comes for a visit. I do. My mother-in- law is coming soon and she is the most wonderful one anyone could ask for, but I still want everything to look the best it can. Her house always looks so neat and clean. I always tell her she needs to come to my house and throw things out for me. I don't really mean that I could never part with my stash and many treasures (LOL). She doesn't keep any clutter. Oh well, I guess my house will never look that way. I just though it would be interesting to see how many worry about the mother- in- law visit.

sarahconner 08-29-2011 01:18 PM

When I was married and had a MIL, I was always stressed until they would leave; but I made most of the stress myself. I have a wonderful ex MIL.

moonwork42029 08-29-2011 01:21 PM

Never got to meet mine...she had passed before I met my DH.

Lacelady 08-29-2011 01:36 PM

I shared a house with my in-laws for 24 years (well FIL died before then). We each had our own sitting rooms and bedrooms etc., but we all ate together, and it worked out very well for us. She died in 2000, four months after my own mother died, and I still miss them both.

(BTW, she was more of a hoarder than I am!)

Gramie bj 08-29-2011 01:37 PM

Not my mom-in-law, she is a worst house keeper than me! LOL I'm not to bad, I believe my house should be dirty (clutered) enough to be comfortable (wear your schoes inside sit your glasses on any table, put your feet up and be welcome) but still clean enough to be healthy,(no over full trash, toilets clean, dishes an laundry done,) Life is to short to worry about the dust bunnies that may be hidding under the guest bed!

auntmag 08-29-2011 01:40 PM

My in-laws are long gone, but when they were alive I never worried about my house.

MadQuilter 08-29-2011 01:42 PM

My MIL is as bad a housekeeper as I am, so she can come over any time she wants.

Stitchnripper 08-29-2011 01:43 PM

I get things to my level of comfort. My MIL is very nice and she has never commented.

dakotamaid 08-29-2011 01:44 PM

My MIL is about the same as me, we clean up some but don't worry about it too much.:)

Maride 08-29-2011 01:45 PM

Mine finds something wrong no matter what, even though mine is cleaner than hers. She worries about matching curtains and rugs, picture frames and to get little knick knacks because she saw them at someone else's house. I keep mine clean and as much declutered as possible because DH has a kidney transplant and needs to be in a clean place. We both love animals so we keep 3 tortoises, a dog, a fish tank, and she hates it. The more she hates it the more I get. My house, my rules.