Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How Much is Too Much in Posting Topics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-much-too-much-posting-topics-t39053.html)

danmar 03-09-2010 10:19 AM

Hi everybody. I am very embarrassed and unsure of myself right now and I'd like your honest opinions. I only posted my very first ever anywhere pictures 8 days ago. Since then I have posted alot of my projects, mainly because I'm proud of them and want to share.

My question is, How much is too much when I'm posting new topics? I don't want everyone to say, "oh no, there's that danmar again". I feel like I'm hogging your time. I planned to put all of my projects on but now I'm not sure that I should. Are you all tired of looking at my stuff? Am I posting too much?
Please let me know how you feel about this.

Thank you. Marilyn

Lneal 03-09-2010 10:28 AM

You post on different quilting forums here, so I don't think you are hogging anything. It's exciting to post and get responses from fellow quilters and then to share your knowledge with them. I wouldn't worry about posting too much. You'll know when you've said to much, if you do. I doubt that will be the case tho, so just relax. You are welcome here :thumbup: :thumbup:

jetnica 03-09-2010 10:29 AM

I personally love looking at other people's handiwork!

=) I felt the same way when I first joined. But the girls (and guys) here are super nice!

Quilt Mom 03-09-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
You post on different quilting forums here, so I don't think you are hogging anything. It's exciting to post and get responses from fellow quilters and then to share your knowledge with them. I wouldn't worry about posting too much. You'll know when you've said to much, if you do. I doubt that will be the case tho, so just relax. You are welcome here :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditto!

quiltykitty 03-09-2010 10:37 AM

Don't worry about it! I look at all the pics. Some I comment about and others I just skip because they are not my cup of tea. Mostly I just look and read. You know, sometimes a post will really catch my attention and then a few weeks later I might not even be interested. We all have the option of not looking at things that don't appeal to us.

So post away and enjoy.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-09-2010 10:43 AM

Pictures are always good.

k3n 03-09-2010 10:43 AM

Sharing is what this site is all about - you post away, Marylin! If we DO start thinking 'oh, no not that danmar again!!' we'll be sure and tell you! LOL

BTW you've already been very generous and sharing patterns and techniques as well as your beautiful work and IMHO ppl doing this is what makes this board the best quilty place on the net!

RatherB Quilting 03-09-2010 10:53 AM

I think that you are doing a fantastic job with your projects and looking at them all helps to inspire me! Keep posting them!
:)

sunkistmi 03-09-2010 10:53 AM

I can't speak for anyone else but I love seeing other quilters work. It inspires me to try new things and we all like to get a little feedback on our work. Please keep showing us the beautiful work you do.
Wendy B

Rhonda 03-09-2010 11:02 AM

Keep posting!! I love looking at what you make!! Loved the Dresden Kaleidoscopes by the way*tongue in cheek!* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously you do terrific work and it is worth showing off!