Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HOW NOT TO TREAT YOUR "SINGER FEATHERWEIGHT " (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-not-treat-your-%22singer-featherweight-%22-t58023.html)

MissTreated 08-06-2010 07:47 AM

"She'll transform you to a peaceful, happy place."

I think I'd be sad and angry every time I looked at it. What a mess!

QBeth 08-06-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
I think this is what happens when people value mass-production over individual creativity. Sad, very sad. I wonder if some of these have commented on Lost in 51's paint jobs.

Please don't judge me because I expressed an opinion of something that is posted publicly as art, be it from a Board member or someone else.

And, yes, I did comment on Lostn51's paint job -- you're certainly entitled to your opinion... but I think it's a wonderful restoration using a beautiful color.

auntiehenno 08-06-2010 11:13 AM

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UGLY!!!!!

Gramof6 08-06-2010 12:19 PM

Sad. Just my opion that I do not like it at all. We all do have an opinion so why is there some bashing because our opinion differs from yours? Each to their own. There will be people I'm sure that just love it & it will sell. Maybe. Who knows? Interesting to watch it & see if it does sell and for how much.

Mamagus, I did read the entire page about the seller & her machines. I still think she could have done something far more attractive than this, to that beautiful old machine! Just my opinion. But it is her business what she does with her stuff. That does not mean that everybody is going to love it or even like it. I guess if it doesn't sell that will be an indication that I was wrong & nobody but her thinks it is beautiful. It may sell for top dollar. :thumbup:

jljack 08-06-2010 03:19 PM

And she's trying to SELL it??? Weird!!!! :thumbdown:

Elizabeth-Liz 08-06-2010 05:08 PM

My comment was not that she use the Feather Weight, but I just did not like the chosen medium to transform the machine into art, that is just my opinion. I am sure someone will find it lovely. My taste in art if very different, just as my Mom. She still trying to figure out where I came from, since my taste in art is so very different from her's. Sorry if I offended anyone with my first opinion.

MistyMarie 08-06-2010 05:20 PM

Not that I would want to own it, but the concept is certainly original. I am surprised that she is selling it with all the work put into it. I read through her listing and it is obvious that she is VERY proud of this machine and the work she did. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Chasing Hawk 08-06-2010 08:08 PM

That is so wrong. What a waste of shells.....lol

PuffinGin 08-07-2010 02:18 PM

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness. (Pablo Picasso)

KarenSimon 08-07-2010 03:54 PM

Oh, how awful. They should be hung...