Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Huge storm coming!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/huge-storm-coming-t95722.html)

Pzazz 02-01-2011 05:17 AM

For those of you in the path of this huge storm coming, please be safe. Don't go out unless you absolutely have to!!! (Yes, that includes fabric stores. :( Today is a shop your stash day.)

I'm thinking there will be a lot of quilting going on in a lot of places over the next several hours. ;)

Patti

Favorite Fabrics 02-01-2011 05:25 AM

Is it snowing by you yet, Patti?

raedar63 02-01-2011 05:28 AM

WHEW glad I am off a couple days, it is solid ice here, hope we don't lose power!

missgigglewings 02-01-2011 05:33 AM

I really love snow but that's because I don't have to live with it! I am feeling sorry for all who have to drive in it and I pray for safe passage! Stay in if you don't have to go out! A big rain and wind strom blew into San Antonio this morning at 3:35 AM. And it is suppose to get down to 27 degs. Unheard of for us, but Al Gore did warn us about Global Warming! It woke me up and I am still awake. Guess that means I will be in bed early tonight!

You all take care and keep warm!

maryb119 02-01-2011 06:01 AM

I have sewing plans for today!!! Thats how I get ready for a storm....as long as the power doesn't go out. I have a quilt on the frame to hand quilt if that happens so i guess I'm as ready as I will ever be.

TootieAnn 02-01-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
For those of you in the path of this huge storm coming, please be safe. Don't go out unless you absolutely have to!!! (Yes, that includes fabric stores. :( Today is a shop your stash day.)

I'm thinking there will be a lot of quilting going on in a lot of places over the next several hours. ;)

Patti

Yes! Please everybody stay safe and warm...quilts, family, hot soup. My area is not in the path of the storm, but I have been watching it with much concern. My pastor is in WI this week. He will have to return home to SC some time this week-end. I hope everything will be open and running ok again by the time he comes home. Certainly a lot of people can use our prayers right now. For those of you who do live in areas affected, please keep us posted. We really do care and want to know how things are going.

Maggie_1963 02-01-2011 06:11 AM

I know that's what I'm doing today! Do have to go to LQS tonight tho, for FREE BOM! If you miss you have to pay! Store is only 1/4 mi from the house tho! Scary!

Rascalonious 02-01-2011 06:14 AM

I know we're not supposed to wish our lives away - but SERIOUSLY, will this winter ever end?! Have fun sewing today everybody! I have to go to work. bummer

Lori S 02-01-2011 06:21 AM

Well we are hunkering down here in the Chicago area , got a little snow last night but they are predicting that about 3:00 Pm it will "hit". I think the 50 mph winds they are saying as possible is the worst part. having grown up in Buffalo , I still remember the bizzard of 77. Many many ft of snow and illegal to drive , it was actually kinda fun.

Favorite Fabrics 02-01-2011 06:28 AM

Yes, I remember the blizzard of '77 too. As a kid, we loved it, with snow drifts that reached the roof of one-story houses. Kids could - and did - sled off the roofs!

My parents did not enjoy it, though. Dad worked for the railroad and was stuck there for several days. They told the workers they could sleep in one of the railroad cars, but Dad was upset that they couldn't turn the lights out, 'cause the women didn't want the lights out with men around.

:|