Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   husb gone wife will play (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/husb-gone-wife-will-play-t54023.html)

DA Mayer 07-12-2010 05:18 AM

Carrie it would have to be flavored coffee :lol: I have gone to relatives' houses and painted for a week at a time. I do like it, except ceilings are not my favorite. We haul into WI sometimes, maybe I could hitch a ride to your house!!!

grammyp 07-12-2010 05:24 AM

Oh, you bet. DH used to go to a karate camp every July. Every year he would come back to find something changed. He thought it was sinful to paint wood. One year while he was gone I painted all the kitchen cabinets, inside and out. What could he do then. He ended up liking them, and got used to coming home to a surprise.

magpie 07-13-2010 04:54 PM

I hear you Raptureready. My DH is an over-the-road driver also. We've been married 18 yrs. and I love my time alone, and we do things together when he's home, about every 2 weeks. Yea!!

franie 07-13-2010 04:57 PM

Mine rarely is gone for more than 3 hrs. He has not even been fishing yet this summer. And I am thinking a retreat is what I need some day soon. I love the house to myself once in a while. I think it is good for everyone.

boxerlady 07-13-2010 05:24 PM

I did that one time to our computer room. While my husband was fishing in Canada I put up wall paper, border, painted top half of room. My husband was shocked, but he liked it.
He came in and said, "What the hell did you do to my room?"

BellaBoo 07-13-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
This is just my personal opinion but I think togetherness is highly overrated. LOL I guess I'm just way too independent.

DH and I would go batty if we did everything together. His interest doesn't interest me at all and vice versa. Why should I sit and watch a ballgame I do not like just to sit with him? I don't think so. He can come sit with me if he wants me with him. We both think like that.

reach for the stars 2 07-13-2010 06:18 PM

Now won't he be surprise. I did buy a house once when my hubby was gone. Luckily I'm still alive to tell the tail.

MoMoSews 07-14-2010 12:08 PM

Go Girl!

lilpoohbearie 07-14-2010 06:14 PM

My husband is not able to go on vacation with us so it will be 3 kids and me. I will be doing my own fabric shop hop with my girls and will be bringing my sewing machine so we can all quilt. Would not have been able to do this since hubby always has other plans!

raptureready 07-14-2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by magpie
I hear you Raptureready. My DH is an over-the-road driver also. We've been married 18 yrs. and I love my time alone, and we do things together when he's home, about every 2 weeks. Yea!!

We got along a lot better when he wasnt here. :lol: No, when he was only home for the weekend he made the most of his time home. Now that he's disabled he seems to put most of his energy into wanting to argue. Then to add to it, I retired! I'm leaving Sunday for a quilting retreat---I might be home by Wednesday in time for church.