Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hysterectomy = always being tired (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hysterectomy-%3D-always-being-tired-t63426.html)

tonnadesigns 09-06-2010 04:55 PM

I heard that I would be tired after my hyterectomy, but is it normal for me to feel like I have jet lag still after 2 and a half months? They only removed my uterus.

lynnie 09-06-2010 04:56 PM

fell better soon, i don't know, i got a freeze job about 2 yrs. ago insted

Maride 09-06-2010 05:00 PM

I had mine 9 months ago. It was very hard at first. I was drained all the time. You will eventually go back to your old self. but this is your body telling you to slow down and give it time to heal.

QuiltingGrannie 09-06-2010 05:01 PM

I would give it a while longer. If you still are feeling tired let your doctor know.
Mine was so long ago I don't really remember, but do know that recovering from surgery takes a lot out of a person. Your hormones may still be adjusting and your body getting used to the new you.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

Bluelady 09-06-2010 05:05 PM

It took me a few months to really get back up to speed, maybe 3 or 4 months. Then.. I LOVED it! I was healthier, happier and had more energy! I was so glad I did it.

sewgull 09-06-2010 05:17 PM

Give your body TIME to HEAL. Don't do a lot of bending from the waist. Like taking clothes of the dryer, vacuuming or sweeping. You WILL feel better, it does take several months. If you don't feel better after 6 months tell you doctor. Get plenty of rest. Take that afternoon nap.

litacats 09-06-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
It took me a few months to really get back up to speed, maybe 3 or 4 months. Then.. I LOVED it! I was healthier, happier and had more energy! I was so glad I did it.

same here it takes a while for the anesthetic to go out of your system up to 6 months in some cases, give it time and you will feel like a new woman ready to jump thru hoops or whatever else takes your fancy, LOL

redquilter 09-06-2010 05:57 PM

Sending best wishes that you feel better soon. Just take one day at a time and if you don't start to feel better soon please speak with your doctor. Do you have low blood pressure? Anemia?

Feather3 09-06-2010 06:29 PM

I had a "Total Abdominal Hysterectomy" for ovarian cancer July 2009. They took EVERYTHING, plus 2 sets of lymph glands & 7 liters of fluid. I'm a size 4 & my doc was shocked I had so much fluid in my abdomen. Seven weeks later I started Chemo. Severe anemia followed the chemo. I was told to drink Gatorade daily. Gatorade helped with the anemia. Today I feel pretty good, even tho I've had thyroid disease for 23 years & also have Fibromyalgia. It can take a good 6 months to a year for you to get back to normal. Give it a few weeks more weeks. When you're able to start exercising, but very slowly, like 3 reps of each exercise & work up over a period of weeks. Walk. Exercise helps with circulation & energy. Rest/nap when you're tired, so you're body can heal.

Ditter43 09-06-2010 06:35 PM

There are a lot of factors to be considered, why you had the surgery, your age, weight, general health, diet,etc....It takes some women longer to heal and recover then others. As someone else said you are also recovering from the anesthesia.
I remember when my DM had a hysterectomy. She said after 5 or 6 months she felt better then she had in years. Be sure to get enough sleep, plenty of liquids and enough high quality protein in your diet. A good multi vitamin wouldn't hurt either.
You should soon be feeling a lot better. If not, discuss it with your doctor.
Take care of yourself! :D