Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am a collector and I collect.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-collector-i-collect-t19215.html)

mgshaw 04-19-2009 03:17 PM

Wonderful collections!!!!!! :D

littlehud 04-19-2009 03:28 PM

Cool collections. I collect cows.

Rhonda 04-19-2009 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Cool collections. I collect cows.

So Little Hud where are the pictures??

SulaBug 04-19-2009 05:25 PM

Your collections are wonderful!! I am drooling over each & every picture, as I view them!! :D I love to collect also. I collect figural lady powder jars from the early 1900's. They do take up a lot of space, but I wouldn't part with them, for anything!! :D :D :D :D

AtHomeSewing 04-19-2009 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Those are some beautiful items, I love the roosters!

So...here's my "collection" I have these, as well as a huge collection of vintage ceramic boxers! :D

Rhonda 04-19-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Your collections are wonderful!! I am drooling over each & every picture, as I view them!! :D I love to collect also. I collect figural lady powder jars from the early 1900's. They do take up a lot of space, but I wouldn't part with them, for anything!! :D :D :D :D

My mom would love those! She used to be an antique dealer and she collects hats and gloves and anything that they used to set on a dresser like the hand held mirrors and compacts and such.
The powder jars are popular lately. You probably have a good investment there. I don't remember what they are going for now but I know what you are talking about. They are lovely!

My mom was a collector as I grew up with the idea of opening an antique store so I guess I absorbed a lot of my collecting bug from her.
I have a lot of stuff stored. I keep saying I need to stop but I never will!! But I am more discerning now. It's fun to go antiqueing even when I only have a few dollars to spend!! And we love the junk shops!

Rhonda 04-19-2009 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Those are some beautiful items, I love the roosters!

So...here's my "collection" I have these, as well as a huge collection of vintage ceramic boxers! :D

Love! love! your collection!! We had a white boxer and she tried to kill the pups so I had to try to raise them by hand. I lost all but one. I gave her to my fil and as my nephew used to say she was a kid in a dog's coat! She was big and wonderful with the kids!! She was a real character!

So what are their names?? They are beautiful! Are they all from differant lines or are there mother and daughter anywhere there?

AtHomeSewing 04-19-2009 07:08 PM

They truly are wonderful, totally "collectible" :-)

My "collection" are all related, the photo was taken last summer on a trip to San Juan Island, WA.

Left to Right:

Aimee, now 10 (Dam of Falon and Belle, grandma to Randi) and Aimee is "mommy's girl"!

Randi, just turned 4 (daughter of Falon, by a boy who lives in Southern California)

Striker, turned 12 years old in March (sire of Falon and Belle, grandpa of Randi)

Falon, 7 years old, Mom of Randi, and then her littermate on the far right...

Belle 7 years old who insists on being "Daddy's girl"

I really should get some photos of my ceramic boxers!

Rhonda 04-19-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
They truly are wonderful, totally "collectible" :-)

My "collection" are all related, the photo was taken last summer on a trip to San Juan Island, WA.

Left to Right:

Aimee, now 10 (Dam of Falon and Belle, grandma to Randi) and Aimee is "mommy's girl"!

Randi, just turned 4 (daughter of Falon, by a boy who lives in Southern California)

Striker, turned 12 years old in March (sire of Falon and Belle, grandpa of Randi)

Falon, 7 years old, Mom of Randi, and then her littermate on the far right...

Belle 7 years old who insists on being "Daddy's girl"

I really should get some photos of my ceramic boxers!

They are an adorable collection!!!! They must be very well behaved if you took them on vacation with you!!

We also had a brindle boxer I named Rocky for the rocky road ice cream. That is what he made me think of.

Thank you for sharing your "collection" They are wonderful!

sewhappy57 04-19-2009 07:38 PM

Love your collection, I to love to collect. I have a tea cup collection,pez dispensers,vanity bunnies, victorian hats and gloves, old jewelry, bowls, antique chickens, sissors, buttons, beads, beanie babies,tin signs,fishing lures, boot hooks, silverware,spoons,fruit shaped pitchers, and glass pitchers, birdhouses. OK I'll stop now.........well just one more my favorite one, FABRIC!

P.S. At home I really love your collection too!