Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am so EXCITED! I just have to Brag! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-so-excited-i-just-have-brag-t34869.html)

AtHomeSewing 01-22-2010 09:18 PM

Please indulge me, I am so excited and have to tell you...this has been a long time coming!

Today our “baby” got the job she seemed destined for. After a lifetime of relentless practicing at it, she can ARGUE and now she actually gets paid for it! :-D

She was selected to be the new deputy prosecuting attorney in the criminal division for our county, which is one of the largest in Washington state. Most of her arguments will now take place in front of a judge, and hopefully her arguments with dad and I will become only a distant memory! :-D

So if your babies are still young, and they drive you to the brink at times with their arguments and tenacity, please remember this: they are just practicing!;-)

Charlee 01-22-2010 09:20 PM

Congrats on doing a good job Mom! (and Dad too! ;) ) Congrats to your "baby" for working hard and getting where she wants to be!
Awesome news!!

ladygen 01-22-2010 09:21 PM

Congratulations! How very cool for her!

dglvr 01-22-2010 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Please indulge me, I am so excited and have to tell you...this has been a long time coming!

Today our “baby” got the job she seemed destined for. After a lifetime of relentless practicing at it, she can ARGUE and now she actually gets paid for it! :-D

She was selected to be the new deputy prosecuting attorney in the criminal division for our county, which is one of the largest in Washington state. Most of her arguments will now take place in front of a judge, and hopefully her arguments with dad and I will become only a distant memory! :-D

So if your babies are still young, and they drive you to the brink at times with their arguments and tenacity, please remember this: they are just practicing!;-)

Yaaaa for King County. What an accomplishement. OH I guess that means I better behave myself when I come over for the Sewing Expo. I'll have to work on that.
Good for her and for you and your husband for being such awesome parents. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

nursie76 01-22-2010 09:37 PM

Awesome! You have every right to be proud! Just remember part of the credit goes to you, you allowed her to practice her debating skills!

Tell her congrats!!!

amma 01-22-2010 10:10 PM

Congratulations to ALL of you!!!
That is an awesome accomplishment :D:D:D

fabuchicki 01-22-2010 10:14 PM

Congrats! My brother is a prosecutor too and I'm really proud of him.

memathomas 01-23-2010 02:48 AM

Congratulations! that is a big deal i have a 8year old adopted little girl the same way her favorite word are actually and technically i hope she succeeds too..this is my second time around i hope im here to see it.
memathomas

craftiladi 01-23-2010 04:33 AM

Connie thats awesome news...see all that agruing and back talk finally paid off.....Big Congrats to your girl!!!

sewsewquilter 01-23-2010 04:35 AM

That's wonderful! Big congrats to all.