Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I can't do any quilting for a month or more! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-cant-do-any-quilting-month-more-t94720.html)

Deborah12687 01-28-2011 12:42 PM

This really sucks as I dislocated my sholder yesterday. I grabbed my ice scrapper from the back seat of the car and I twisted the arm wrong and my sholder popped out of the socket dislocated it and may have ripped the miscus but can't tell if it is ripped till the swelling goes down. I just started a new quilt that I really wanted to get started and now I can't work on any quilting for 6 or more weeks.....orders from my doctor!!

amma 01-28-2011 12:48 PM

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry (((HUGS)))

pab58 01-28-2011 12:50 PM

OMGoodness!!! :shock: That's terrible!!! :cry: :cry: I'll say some prayers that you will heal quickly. Be patient. Your quilt will be there when you're well -- which I hope will be very soon! :wink:

Deborah12687 01-28-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
OMGoodness!!! :shock: That's terrible!!! :cry: :cry: I'll say some prayers that you will heal quickly. Be patient. Your quilt will be there when you're well -- which I hope will be very soon! :wink:

Thank you for the prayers that is so nice of you. Maybe it was a sign to me that I need to slow down a bit.

rootyr 01-28-2011 01:01 PM

So sorry! Bummer!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-28-2011 01:02 PM

It's also a sign you need a garage and/or one of those remote starters for your car so you never have to scrap again!!!

tdgiffin 01-28-2011 01:08 PM

prayers for quick healing.....

Jim's Gem 01-28-2011 01:12 PM

Bummer!!!!
I hope it heals up quickly and fully!!!

jrhboxers 01-28-2011 01:12 PM

-pat-pat-pat- Come and sit by me on the sidelines for a while. I had rotartor cuff repair surgery on 12/27 and am still not able to do ANYTHING yet. I have started crocheting a little against the doctor's orders. He said that this was the first time that he had ever seen a completely amputated rotator cuff. The surgery was supposed to be laproscopic and take 1.5 hours. It had to be an open surgery and took almost 6 hours.

And we still don't know if it is going to work or not. The next step is a shoulder replacement.

In the middle of all of this I am also getting ready to move while my husband is working out of state.

Just do what I have been doing - PLANNING. I have been working on acquiring fabrics and deciding which goes where for several projects that I want to start as soon as I am able. But the most important thing is to do what the doctor says. I know that I am pushing a little, but it will be 5 weeks on Monday. And I am only pushing it a little.

The Creative Seamstress 01-28-2011 01:14 PM

Yikes! I expected to read this thread and hear something else... that's gotta hurt. I'm sorry to hear that this happenned. I know what it's like to be forcibly placed into the position (medically) to be unable to sew & quilt. It really sucks. I'll tell you what though, when it's happenned to me - when you come back it almost feels as if you're learning all over again in the respect that it gives you a brand new clean slate of an appreciation and passion for the hobby you've engaged in for so long. I promise, the month won't be that long! You can spend some quality time planning new and wonderful projects to add to your to do list for when you're better! Here's to hoping you feel better soon hun!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress