Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I can't help it I'm so PROUD!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-cant-help-im-so-proud-t151551.html)

QuiltnNan 09-09-2011 06:36 AM

congrats on his making the right choices. thank him from me for his service.

jmabby 09-09-2011 06:51 AM

What gives a parent more pleasure than anything else is to see their child happy, -- to have them unhappy can make a parent as unhappy. What a great contribute to the world he is offering. Tell him we are all so proud and want to give him a big hug. Congrats to you for raising such a great son.

blueangel 09-09-2011 06:57 AM

What a wonderful story. You deserve the right to be proud.

NANACAN 09-09-2011 07:00 AM

I would so love to have a man like this as a son-in-law! He is just one of the special men/women who protect us every day.

suebee 09-09-2011 07:03 AM

You have every right to be so proud. Please tell your son THANK YOU for his service.

Originally Posted by bunniequilter
I can't help but post a pic of my son who is serving in the military. He was one of those kids who hung out with the wrong people and found himself in a very dark and dangerous place. I have had drug dealers pounding on my door at 3 in the morning looking for him. I cornered him and told him that he a choice to make, his filthy disgusting friends or his Mom. Thank the Lord he made the right choice and thank the Lord for the military. He hadn't signed up he would have been found dead in a ditch by now. I'm proud that he understood his choices and had the strength to make the right choice for his family and himself.I went to his graduation and I couldn't believe my eyes when he came out in his dress uniform. He's a big guy at 6'4 and he stood even taller. When that uniform goes on it's as if he is wearing his heart and soul for the world to see. Everytime someone approached him to thank him he would blush like a little girl, it's so funny to see this big rough tough solider blush! Last time I saw him he thanked me and told me he found his place in the world and that he has never been so happy which maked me even happier!

cashmommy11 09-09-2011 07:13 AM

you have every right to be proud of him. i think i would be standing on the roof tops yelling how proud i was of him...and be sure to tell him thank you for what he does everyday of all of us

katsewnsew 09-09-2011 07:19 AM

Be proud, sending lots of love, prayers and appreciation to you, that handsome son of yours and your family! I too am a Military mom!

SuziC 09-09-2011 07:25 AM

Way to go MOM!!! I can feel your pride thru your post!!! What a great Boy and proud soldier. May God keep him safe until he returns :!: :!: :!: :!:

emerald46 09-09-2011 07:46 AM

Brought tears to my eyes as well. Thank God he has a good strong Mom! Congrats to both of you. I just pray my SIL will be as fortunate with her youngest son.

Country1 09-09-2011 07:50 AM

So happy for his path change. Please tell him and all the family we are proud and praying for him and all our military. I know not only them, but their families give so much so we can have the choice to choose our path in this great country!