Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I did it and now what (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-did-now-what-t226452.html)

IBQUILTIN 07-24-2013 10:49 AM

I did it and now what

Yesterday I finally broke down and did some major shopping for ME. I got a new touch screen computer and a new phone. There is a definite learning curve with the touch screen, and I have to get tech support to help me load on the printer and figure out how to add new emails. I am going to change my email addy to see if I can get rid of some of the spam.

Anyway, i may be slow getting on here till i get it sorted out.

omacookie 07-24-2013 10:59 AM

My spam is mostly get a college degree. I already have one and worked 37 plus years and am now retired. Hugs

nanacc 07-24-2013 11:20 AM

Good luck! I am still learning! My husband has to have all the latest tech 'stuff'. I have an Iphone and I really like it for some things, but would go back to my old razor phone in a minute! Just too old fashioned, I guess.

nivosum 07-24-2013 02:31 PM

Ha! I'm still learning how to do the fast check out at the grocery store at Wal-Mart. I've got the Kroger one down pat. There is one Wal-Mart fast check out register that I try to avoid because I always need assistance with the crazy thing.
The other ones at this Wal-Mart haven't been a problem. Well, yesterday a really nice assistant explained what the problem was. We discussed the difference between Wal-Mart's and Kroger's. Even though she was about 30 years younger than me, she agreed when I said life was getting to complicated. So folks, no Ipad or Iphone for me.

sassey 07-24-2013 07:25 PM

You made me smile I just bought a IPad 3 weeks ago I have an Kindle sssso I thought since I use a computer have a smart phone a IPad would be Ideal as it doesn't weigh much so I take it everywhere I go well that was the plane it makes my purse to heavy plus I do not know how to use it yet I have a smart phone I always have to have my son straighten up for me I am always screwing it up AHH the golden years nothing golden but my pee.

mighty 07-25-2013 06:27 AM

Good for you!!! Have fun with the new stuff!!!!

DebraK 07-25-2013 06:54 AM

How exciting for you. Never stop learning ;-)

tessagin 07-25-2013 07:02 AM

If I'm not on the site checking posts, then I'm having to learn different technology everyday for real estate. There's always something. I've had my phone for I think 2 years, we just renewed the contract. DH handles that part but I still need all this for my career. I was told to change my addy along time ago. I did and what a mess. I opened up what looked very much like an e-mail from a client but it was a virus. So I had to change my addy again. I went back to my e-mail address as it is today.

Stitchit123 07-25-2013 07:24 AM

My son thinks I'm old fashion because I still go to the library. He wants to get me one of those E-book things. I really do not want one. I enjoy visiting the library. My next high-tech is a new laptop. And that's so I can sit outside on nice days or if I want to laze in bed on rainy mornings. I gave mine to my oldest GD and I kinda miss it--

willferg 07-25-2013 07:56 AM

I recently cancelled an email address and set up a new one. I was a little worried that I'd miss something – I tried to go update every site I could think of where I'd used that address – but I have to say, it's wonderful getting so much less junk!