Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I didn't know this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-didnt-know-t153653.html)

grayma 09-17-2011 09:25 AM

I had ordered a refill prescription from the mail order pharmacy. The envelope/package received had a tear in the side and the bottle of medicine was missing. I called the pharmacy to tell them about it. They are replacing the medicine (at no charge), but he told me even if you receive the package damaged and the medicine is in there, to not take that medicine as it may have been tampered with! I didn't know this. I guess it is common sense, but I would have been trusting of our postal service not to tamper with meds. I guess in this day you just can't trust anyone! I also reported this to the post office. I can't wait to hear the outcome of this.

blueangel 09-17-2011 09:32 AM

Nice to know.

bearisgray 09-17-2011 09:33 AM

that's alarming !

denise d 09-17-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by grayma
I had ordered a refill prescription from the mail order pharmacy. The envelope/package received had a tear in the side and the bottle of medicine was missing. I called the pharmacy to tell them about it. They are replacing the medicine (at no charge), but he told me even if you receive the package damaged and the medicine is in there, to not take that medicine as it may have been tampered with! I didn't know this. I guess it is common sense, but I would have been trusting of our postal service not to tamper with meds. I guess in this day you just can't trust anyone! I also reported this to the post office. I can't wait to hear the outcome of this.

Every group can have a bad apple.

About 5 yrs ago, we were traveling with a hand gun in our checked baggage. Obviously declared. Our suitcase had a mark on the tag from TSA...Hubby watched it get marked. When we got to TPA, the hand gun was missing. That was a pain and it makes us ill to know that our firearm can potentially be used in some random crime, but on a brighter note...the police were fabulous. Unfortunately, it was clear that this was not the first time this had happened.

RenaB 09-17-2011 09:41 AM

The world is getting more and more scary everyday. So sad.

Painiacs 09-17-2011 10:34 AM

Didnt know either! We were lucky as pills open and took the ness!

loves_2_quilt 09-17-2011 11:01 AM

Thanks for the info.

valsma 09-17-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by grayma

Yes, this is just common sence, but lets face it most of us wouldn't stop to think about someone tampering with the meds. I wouldn't take them just because I'm not always the most trusting of people and when it comes to something like that even less so. I'm glad your able to get them replaced, i'm sure they will start some form of investigation into where they went, especially if it was a strong narcotic. Who knows where they could have gone, in this world where perscription drug abuse is rampant it is hard to tell.

quiltsRfun 09-17-2011 12:26 PM

I suppose there's the possibility that someone along the line might might have a drug problem and check these types of packages to see what's inside. But I don't think all meds can be done by mail order. A while back I had a prescription that I tried to do mail order but they wouldn't cause it's a controlled substance.

grayma 09-17-2011 12:48 PM

This was not a controlled substance. It was just a generic stomach medicine. I want to believe that the envelope was torn accidentally and the bottle fell out, but the tear is only large enough for the bottle to be pulled through. I am just amazed that the p.o. delivered it. Whenever I have received damaged magazines and other mail, there is always some note attached. This time, there was no note.