Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I finally got my ticket (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-finally-got-my-ticket-t21990.html)

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
You are having your house redone while away for two + months? You are a brave lady! Never been out of the states, so your trip sounds like a dream!

The house is in Swindon, England, and I am going over there so I can see what is being done to it. My husband was English and when he died last year I inherited it. Unfortunately he left it in a real messand my daughter had to have the water turned off at the main and strip the kitchen and bathroom. She did buy a new kitchen really cheaply at a closing down sale, but it needs to be installed, and I have to get a plumber to re-do all the pipes, etc, etc. Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Chrissa

PM me if you want to meet up I'll give you my telephone number - it would be great to meet another member from the board.
Enjoy your trip whatever you decide.

Tisha

How do I pm you? I am still very new to computer stuff.

Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Have a great trip, and say hello to Thailand for me - one of my favourite countries.

I will, thankyou, and again when I come home.
Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
that sounds fun says the lady whose been no where lol :mrgreen: enjoy :D

This is a first for me, thankyou.

Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
Have a wonderful time with your daughter! :D

I'm sure I will, thankyou.

Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I am excited for you!!! 5 years is waaay to long!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip...post some pics of your travels if you can please :D :D :D

My daughter is computer savvy, and I have asked if she will show me how to post pics while I am there. I may have to buy a laptop so I can keep in touch with this board.

Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
You are going to enjoy this trip so much!! :D
Have a wonderful time & hug that daughter of yours,
extra hugs for all of us!! :D We will be anxious to hear
all about your trip, when you get back.
Sulabug,
:D :D :D

Thankyou, I will be hugging my daughter as soon as I see her. We get on so well since she moved away from home. I think she realises mum isn't so bad after all. :D

Chrissa

chrissa 06-29-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Chrissa, your trip sounds lovely! I understand Thailand is exquisite and I'm, quite frankly, a little jealous. I would LOVE to see France and Italy. My daughter was in France a few years back and said she'd love to go back there to live. I told her I support that decision -- as long as I'm dead. It's hard to fathom not seeing a daughter for the five years that you spoke of, but I know it happens....and the fact that you are in contact each week surely makes things better.

Chrissa, POST PICTURES!!!!!!!! There's a few of us who never get to venture very far and we'd love to see where you were able to go.

Thankyou, and I will learn about pics! I am very nervous and excited about the trip, and can't wait to see my daughter.

Chrissa

quiltwoman 06-29-2009 01:47 PM

Enjoy your trip and your daughter! Sounds like a wonderful time.

Ninnie 06-29-2009 02:05 PM

Have a great time. I can't imagine being away from my daughter that long. I'm sure you 2 have a lot of catching up to do!